Your Cricket Memories in cricket

shubhrayu

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
One more I remember:It was just in this April..well I was fielding at second slip and the most dangerous and reputed batsman of the other was on strike....It was a challenge for any bowler from our side to get him out....Well our opening bowler bowled one outside off-stump and it edged his bat...and the ball came towards me but low...and I was never good at low catching...Could'nt believe but I caught my hand was near my shoe....I think it was pure fluke...Or my skills improved?God knows about that

blake

School Cricketer
Yeah, any other normal person would feel awesome after that.

It was awesome. I felt great.

Basically, I was at deep midwicket, they needed about 10 runs to win the game, someone hit a slog sweep out deep.. I ran for the catch.. so did mid-on. Unfortunately, the fielder at mid-on is about 15cm taller, 20kg heavier, runs 100m in 11.5 seconds, has received offers to play rugby league for the junior age groups of the Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys and Canberra Raiders and... that's about it.

It was even better though. He actually took the catch after knocking me dead and then ran in and celebrated with everyone. Nobody gave a ████ about me, they were just happier he took a catch to win the match. Everyone probably thought I was just taking a rest.

I got up though and fielded the last few overs, after coming to. I didn't actually know I got knocked out but then realised after a few minutes that there was a strange black space in my memory of me getting hit and then getting up, and that everyone in the field had moved.

Apparently I stopped a few balls in the cover and threw them in pretty well - somebody told me. Personally I didn't remember anything.

Was still awesome but. I'm only posting this here though so you will all feel sympathy for me and then my attention seeking needs will be complete.

No, really.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
It was awesome. I felt great.

Basically, I was at deep midwicket, they needed about 10 runs to win the game, someone hit a slog sweep out deep.. I ran for the catch.. so did mid-on. Unfortunately, the fielder at mid-on is about 15cm taller, 20kg heavier, runs 100m in 11.5 seconds, has received offers to play rugby league for the junior age groups of the Brisbane Broncos, North Queensland Cowboys and Canberra Raiders and... that's about it.

It was even better though. He actually took the catch after knocking me dead and then ran in and celebrated with everyone. Nobody gave a ████ about me, they were just happier he took a catch to win the match. Everyone probably thought I was just taking a rest.

I got up though and fielded the last few overs, after coming to. I didn't actually know I got knocked out but then realised after a few minutes that there was a strange black space in my memory of me getting hit and then getting up, and that everyone in the field had moved.

Apparently I stopped a few balls in the cover and threw them in pretty well - somebody told me. Personally I didn't remember anything.

Was still awesome but. I'm only posting this here though so you will all feel sympathy for me and then my attention seeking needs will be complete.

No, really.

Aw bless, truely heartwarming in it's own little way.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My best memory from Cricket is to captain my side in the debut match I had played for my school (St. Joseph's) when I was in class 4!!!

Hamish

Club Cricketer
During a 2nd XI game for my old high school, we were playing a 32 over a side game, and limited the opposition to 150 despite having only 9 players on the field due to a whole host of last minute injuries and illness.

It was our turn to bat, and by the drinks break, we were reeling at 3/30 off 16 overs (effectively 5/30). I came in 2 overs before the break at no. 5, although I normally open, and I remained not out. When we came back in, I mentioned to my partner that we should just play normally, reap any rewards, and see where the game naturally takes us.

We clipped on at a good rate, and at times I actually ran my partner to death with many 2s and 3s, while he acted as the boundary scorer. We managed to get to 3/100 by 27 overs, before he got out after passing a half century.

We then proceeded take the bowling attach apart, but batsmen came and departed (6/131), and I was left with the unenvious task of getting 20 runs off 2 overs, with two rank tailenders. Luckily, the no.8 smashed 3 off the most unbelievable pull shots for 4 (he surpassed his season total right there), which left me to get the last 8 runs off the last over while on strike. I hit three 2s off the first 2 balls, before getting runout on 46 for an almost suicidal single (dont' know what i was thinking).

With our hearts in our mouths, the last batsman left it to the last ball, before edging a sweep for 2 to win the game! He saved the game after i undid all the hard work with my runout.

And the funny thing was, even with the considerable required run rate, I didn't hit a single boundary in my 46.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread