Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad Probs

K

killa_stiky2002

In light of everyone telling me keyboard was not the way to go with Cricket 2002, I got a Microsoft Sidewinder USB Game Pad. (thanks sonic) :)
However, something is wrong with the D-pad. In the test screen it is normal, but then when I go to calibrate it shows to the top-left corner. If I wiggle the D-pad around, after awhile it returns to the centre so I finish the calibration process and apply the new settings.
When I go to Cricket 2002 controller options, the same thing happens (the gamepad is controller 1) whenever I click on something to assign, it just goes as "left" meaning something is wrong.
I tried everything in the Manual, then I tried everything on the Microsoft site and it still isn't working. I even unpluged my Sidewinder Force Feedback 1 because the handbook said try unpluging whatever is in the gameport.
On the Microsoft site, for the Force Feedback 2, there is a VIA USB fix, but it's only for the Force Feedback 2. And my USB ports are VIA tech so I wonder if it's the same prob. Cause the Force Feedback 2 fix won't install, because I don't have a Force Feedback 2.
Please anyone I need help ASAP. :( Because it will help me in the upcoming tournament hosted by Undertaker and Rangeela :o

A

Auwais BARTHEZ

Have you tried opening it up and seeing anything strange in it?

K

killa_stiky2002

I just got the thing not prepared to open it. The last time I openned something like a joystick..... <_< :(

K

killa_stiky2002

Tried openning it. Took out all 6 screws and still couldn't get the bloody middle open.

It's a problem with the centering of the axis...or rather where the PC recognises the centre (or raw data value "x: 0 y:0") to be. It thinks 0,0 is the top left corner and the centre to be 63,63 where as 63,63 is suppose to be the bottom right corner.

:( I hope this helps you help me :blink:

S

sangamm

have you attached any joysticks to the pc as well!!
they cause these problems as well..
if that dosent solve...reinstall your drivers

K

killa_stiky2002

Reinstall which drivers?
I have 2 sidewinders. The force feedback 1 (gameport) and the plug n play gamepad (USB). As the manual states: Try unplugging the hardware connected to the gameport. I did that. Restarted....tried everything. I installed the VIA TECH USB 1.10 filter patch. UGH I am fedup I wanna play with it...it looks soo nice :)

Anymore suggestions? Which drivers may I ask Sangamm? Because on winXP the Sidewinder is auto detected.

K

killa_stiky2002

Hold on...I tried today and it worked!!!!! :huh: :D

K

killa_stiky2002

I did nothing. Just start the game...go to controls...switch USB ports..( I only have 2) then I tried it and it worked somehow.
But still very difficult but I'll get used to it though

S

sonic

at last, well done lisle...your keyboard will be grateful for not having to face abuse from your fingers any longer when playing c2002 :up: hopefully you will be before long fully acquainted with gamepad play...good luck B)

some1else

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I've got a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 1 with a gameport connector. Can anyone -please- tell me where or if there is a possibility to buy a converter from: gameport to USB.

(It has to be working for a more complicated joystick, since there is FF on it, there will be a lot more information to be translated through the converting interface)

Thank you very much!!!

Users who are viewing this thread