Playstation 4

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The PlayStation 4 (officially abbreviated as PS4) is an upcoming video game console from Sony Computer Entertainment. Announced as the successor to the PlayStation 3 during a press conference on February 20, 2013, the PS4 is expected to launch in the fourth quarter of 2013, and will compete with Nintendo's Wii U and Microsoft's Xbox One.

Moving away from the Cell architecture, the PlayStation 4 will feature an AMD processor based around the x86-64 instruction set.[2] This is intended to make video game development easier on the next-generation console, attracting a broader range of developers. These changes highlight Sony's effort to improve upon the lessons learned during the development, production and release of the PS3. Other notable hardware features of the PS4 include 8 GB of unified memory in the form of GDDR5, a faster Blu-ray Disc drive, and dedicated custom chips for processing audio, video and background tasks.

Among new applications and services, Sony plans to release the PlayStation App allowing PS4 owners to turn smartphones and tablets into a second screen to enhance gameplay. The company also plans to debut Gaikai, a cloud-based gaming service that hosts downloadable content and games. By incorporating a 'share' button on the new controller and making it possible to view in-game play streamed live from friends, Sony plans to place more focus on social gameplay.

iDKdph8pSIqc.jpg

PlayStation 4

Main Processor

Single-chip custom processor
CPU : x86-64 AMD "Jaguar", 8 cores
GPU : 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD next-generation Radeon based graphics engine

Memory

GDDR5 8GB

Hard Disk Drive

Built-in

Optical Drive (read only)

BD 6xCAV
DVD 8xCAV

I/O

Super-Speed USB (USB 3.0), AUX

Communication

Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)
IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR)

AV output

HDMI
Analog-AV out
Digital Output (optical)

*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 (DUALSHOCK 4)

External Dimensions

Approx. 162mm x 52mm x 98mm (width x height x depth) (tentative, excludes largest projection)

Weight

Approx. 210g (tentative)

Keys / Switches

PS button, SHARE button, OPTIONS button
Directional buttons (Up / Down / Left / Right)
Action buttons (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)
R1 / L1 / R2 / L2 button, Left stick / L3 button, Right stick / R3 button, Pad Button

Touch Pad

2 Point Touch Pad, Click Mechanism, Capacitive Type

Motion Sensor

Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, threeaxis accelerometer)

Other Features

Light Bar, Vibration, Built-in Mono Speaker

Ports

USB (Micro B), Extention Port, Stereo Headset Jack

Wireless Communication

Bluetooth Ver2.1+EDR

Battery

Type: Built-in Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery
Voltage: DC3.7V (tentative)
Capacity: 1000mAh (tentative)

*Specifications are subject to change without notice.
PlayStation 4 Eye

External Dimension

Approx. 186mm x 27mm x 27mm (width x height x depth) (tentative)

Weight

Approx. 183g (tentative)

Video Pixel

(Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2

Video Frame Rate

1280x800 pixel @ 60fps
640x400 pixel @ 120fps
320x192 pixel @ 240fps

Video Format

RAW, YUV (uncompressed)

Lens

Dual Lenses, F value/F2.0 fixed focus

Capture Range

30cm??

Field-of-View

85?

Microphone

4 Channel Microphone Array

Connection Type

PS4 dedicated connector (AUX connector)

Cable Length

Approx. 2m (tentative)​

It is priced around $399 So it must be almost INR 25000,So Who and all are going to buy it? and Please tell your views about it.

----------

Other News.
No Changes to used games and No Internet Connection is required.

Playstation Plus required for Online Play

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
It's cheaper than the PS3 I bought two years after launch so I'm thinking I might pick this up at launch this time around. Certainly looks pretty good though not that much of a jump at all to me in comparison to PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3. I guess you have no choice if you want the new games though.

Params7

International Cricketer
I preordered mine already after last night's conference. PS4 is technically more powerful than Xbox 1, doesn't block used games, doesn't have DRM, and is $100 cheaper. The only negative is that PSN now requires PSN+ sub to even play any multiplayer. Though the price is not that much (under $5/month) and you get a ton of free games to download and access to early betas if you're a member. Also Drive Club will be free on launch for PSN+.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's cheaper than the PS3 I bought two years after launch so I'm thinking I might pick this up at launch this time around. Certainly looks pretty good though not that much of a jump at all to me in comparison to PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3. I guess you have no choice if you want the new games though.

That depends on what you're playing. If you're playing Fifa, then you're right - you have to get a console. Pretty much every other major (AAA standard) 'NG' game, apart from MS/Sony specific exclusives will not only release on PC, but will be the superior version.

However, ?349... that could definitely be do-able especially if this 50/50 split goes ahead; that's almost ?100 cheaper than the Xbox One and it doesn't block used games etc. That controller though... I find the Xbox 360 pad so much more comfortable; that new design looks as though it'll be even more uncomfortable.
(Maximum) 1280 x 800 pixel x 2

Video Frame Rate

1280x800 pixel @ 60fps
640x400 pixel @ 120fps
320x192 pixel @ 240fps

Wait a minute... does this thing only got up to 1280 x 800? That can't possibly be true...

Last edited:

Params7

International Cricketer
Nope, those specs in OP's post are outdated. Most if not all games will be 1080p native on ps4 (and even Xbox 1).

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Wait a minute... does this thing only got up to 1280 x 800? That can't possibly be true...
That's under the PlayStation Eye section of the specs, which means the camera isn't as powerful as the Kinect, but no one's going to develop for it so it doesn't matter.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
It's already a best seller at Amazon.co.uk! ?349, plus no internet nonsense or blocked used games might have a lot to do with that.

Wait.... ?89 for a PS4 Dualshock 4? Amazon, are you having a laugh?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
PS4 is out on 29th November in Europe and 15th November in the US of motherfreakin' A.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Just bumping an old thread as I recently just got the PS4.

I was greeted with an update which took 30 mins to download, fair enough as i'm late to the party. I loaded up Killzone but can't play online as there is a huuuuge update for that which is estimated at taking 11 more hours to download! :eek: I'm not happy with these download speeds on the PS4, my PS3 was slow but crikey not this slow!

The white light which is emitted on top of the PS4 is, in my opinion very annoying (don't think you can switch it off either).

moving on to the positives..the speed in which you can switch from being in game to the XMB is super fast, no lag at all. You also get a 14 day free PS Plus subscription to access online features which is nice. That's about all I can comment on at the moment as I haven't sat down with it for a long session.

The controller will take a little getting used to as it's slightly wider then the previous PS3 controller, feels comfortable nevertheless.

I just wish the download speeds weren't so slow for games, maybe it's an issue at my end but I have read others with the same experiences. I forgot to add that you can also play the game whilst downloading the update in the background but still...

I'd like to hear others thoughts on the PS4.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The white light which is emitted on top of the PS4 is, in my opinion very annoying (don't think you can switch it off either).

I don't see any white light on my PS4 when it's turned off, I only see it when it's starting as it's written in the manual. You sure you turn off your PS4 the right way? Download speed is super fast for me, the first update of 194 mb was downloaded within a minute. Controller is a bit hard to use, the big select button really pisses me off sometimes but that's fine since I'll be okay with is soon. The speed indeed is very fast, I was very surprised when it first happened, now that's why it's 10 times faster and stronger than PS3.

I've updated everything and now am playing fifa peacefully. :D

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I don't see any white light on my PS4 when it's turned off, I only see it when it's starting as it's written in the manual. You sure you turn off your PS4 the right way?
No I mean when it's on. The white line which runs down 1 3rd of the console.

Download speed is super fast for me, the first update of 194 mb was downloaded within a minute.
Lucky you! I managed to improve the connection slightly by moving the console to gain maximum signal strength (on WiFi) i'm happy with it now :)

Controller is a bit hard to use, the big select button really pisses me off sometimes but that's fine since I'll be okay with is soon.
I really dislike the options button. It feels as if it's buried into the controller a little too much when it should be sticking out more.

The speed indeed is very fast, I was very surprised when it first happened, now that's why it's 10 times faster and stronger than PS3.
Yes it's very convenient, especially when you need to quickly switch screens and send messages to friends etc...

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
You get used to the controller. I tried picking up a PS3 controller recently and actually couldn't hold it properly. The PS4 controller is brilliant.

The lights change colour, it should be a less intrusive blue the majority of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread