Minutes/data monitor?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
What is the best app for accurately monitoring minutes/data on a phone contract? Most of the ones I've searched have had mixed reviews.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I've found just using the carrier's app is fine

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
dial *123*10# for airtel 2g & *123*11# for airtel 3g.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Galaxy s3 Mini - where can I find Android's built in manager?

You can go to settings and then should see an option of Data Usage. Select the cycle (dates) from which you want to see and you should be good to go. Even you can monitor your wifi statistics

Abhas

Retired Administrator
^This, I've found it quite accurate on my phone (Galaxy S4). You can set outright limits, warnings so that you don't exceed your plan. Has saved me a lot of times, when I tether, and stupid Dropbox starts downloading everything.

----------

I'm not sure which app can monitor minutes though. Every phone has a counter, but it'll have to be manually reset each month.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You can go to settings and then should see an option of Data Usage. Select the cycle (dates) from which you want to see and you should be good to go. Even you can monitor your wifi statistics

Yeah - for some reason you can't choose the date cycle - I need it to start on the 19th and end on the 18th but it seems locked to 1-30th of the month. That would be perfect for my data monitoring needs. I'm not too fussed about my minutes because I do most of my chatting via texts or whatsapp - although I have a new girlfriend now (yay!) so will be making more use of my 500 mins per month. :D

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
^This, I've found it quite accurate on my phone (Galaxy S4). You can set outright limits, warnings so that you don't exceed your plan. Has saved me a lot of times, when I tether, and stupid Dropbox starts downloading everything.

----------

I'm not sure which app can monitor minutes though. Every phone has a counter, but it'll have to be manually reset each month.

Again back here in States, each carrier has their own software. This means I just log in and see the minutes used.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I can set the date on mine, in the Data usage cycle, click on change cycle and set 19.

Weird. I'm on S3 mini - but I can't see any option to change cycle - there appears to be a dropdown menu that says 1-30, but when I click that nothing happens.

Edit: Never mind - I've sorted it now; I had to uncheck 'set mobile limit' then I was able to set it how I want. :)

Last edited:

Aswin8

Chairman of Selectors
Onavo Count is cool,using it for a long time.If you want it simple,inbuilt data usage is enough,but you dont have much options in data usage.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I could do with something for my minutes after all - I thought the usage texts they send you would do the job but it seems the text they send you isn't very up to date; I spoke on the phone with my new girl yesterday for 90 minutes and it's still saying my minutes are untouched.

sanjeevaloria

International Coach
use unlimited data plan is best & no need check data usage

Users who are viewing this thread