Mohd Yousuf vs Rahul Dravid In ODI's

Who is better in ODI's?

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
I've never really followed Yousuf run in the ODI arena mainly cause he wasn't a big superstar until last season, usually when I think Pakistan it is Inzi being the key man to get out then Yousuf. Dravid on the other hand I have followed quite a bit in the ODI arena and a number of times he has built a solid platform for the others to work from.

But seeing as I haven't seen too much of Yousuf, I'll base my selection of the stats where Yousuf has the better stats, a better SR and 12 100s in 50 inns less than Dravid.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
oh lol i thought Dravids stats were the red ones, change my decision to Yousuf then

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Dravid has gotten more attention because he was named captain. You always look at the captain's performance in the game usually he has something to do if you win the game. Again, It's very equal and it depends fully on personal choice.

cricphan

School Cricketer
dravid is way ahead of yusuf.
If it had been between dravid n inzy then it wuld have been different.But with dravid n yousuf it not on.
Dravid is a master technician you had to watch him against aussies and in trying english conditions.

:hpraise:hpraise

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
For me its dravid.

First of all, its very close, and nothing is being taken away from MoYo in anyway and he's a fantastic player :thumbs

But Dravid has done so much more. He's captained. He's kept. He's played in all sorts of roles and slots. He's always had to be there when India had lost the quick wickets. He had to be the wall.
Thats the reason why he doesn't have so many tons. Mainly because he's had to do the rescue act so many times with fluent strokeplayers like Yuvraj and Kaif at the other end he needn't aggress.
And to those saying he can't accelarate...blegh. When he does, he's pwnage at it.

Pink Unicorn

School Cricketer
Yeah, Dravid can really pwn an attack when he decides to turn it on in the slog overs. Both are superb players. I'll go for Dravid by a little even discounting his keeping and captaincy. But they're both good.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Dravid all the way for me. And that doesnt do with my nationality.

I have watched more of Dravid, but I have watched quite a bit of Yousuf too. Dravid is just better in tough trying conditions, and one of the most dependable in the world.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I need not take the help of stats to support Dravid in tests.
I`ll just point out to 2 monumental innings which you have got to see in order to realize how this guy pulls us out of difficult situations.

The first inning is the epic 181 against Australia at Kolkata in 2001.
India were staring down the barrel and were about a 200 behind, following on.
The rest as they say, is history. If you still do not remember the game, ask any Aussie.

Another inning(s) of his was at Jamaica last year against the Windies on a really horrible wicket where the ball was doing all sorts of stuff.
Dravid was the only man from both sides who stood tall and scored two half centuries on a pitch where there was no one who scored even one.

Mind you, these are not the only ones. There are many other inning of his which have been monumental.
He has got the Indian team victories in overseas tests at Adelaide,Jamaica,Headingley,Rawalpindi in addition to some of his fighting innings at home and his role as a keeper in ODIs.

Last edited:

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Mohammad Yousuf is better because he has hit more sixes(82) then R.Dravid(35) and plus he is only 2000 runs behind.
but R.dravid is a great player

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Mohammad Yousuf is better because he has hit more sixes(82) then R.Dravid(35) and plus he is only 2000 runs behind.
but R.dravid is a great player
Sixes actually dont matter...

Actually many people would say Rahul Dravid coz he is the captain and Yousuf isnt...People watch the captain's batting alot!

Users who are viewing this thread