Most annoying retirement

Valaraukar

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
McGrath retires always be4 2007 World Cup.
I've aldready played the same thing from scratch everytime and McGrath retires.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
He didn't retire for me.
Some guy called Laraman retired for me. He was an awesome allrounder.

kookaburra69

International Coach
Im using them in my story but Laraman has only played one game so far but ive played with them before and hes amazing.

Gilly Fan

Chairman of Selectors
Not really. Because Pigeon and Warney retired when they were near the top of the rankings. (In real life)

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, like how Jimmy Anderson was ranked so highly in both forms of the game!

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
What does Anderson average usuallly in the end

scritty

School Cricketer
Often find they dont retire - they just want too much money. They leave their club then want 100,00+ - which no-one can afford. You can watch the bidding rounds go down - and no-one buys them.

Given that they are normally on central contracts this would be unlikely in real life.

And some good players do retire in the 20's. Injury normally - from no-where and that's it. At Worcs we have had many good players leave in the last 20 years in their 20's . (Ellcocks / Spiring / Mirza (RIP) etc) All amongst the top of their respective averages at the club when injury (or worse) hit. Don't forget Ben Hollioake (:( ) and Where did Mark Lathwell go after playing for England. What happened to Nicky Peng from the batter we saw three years ago (I know he still plays - but in 2002 he was awesome) - same for Aftab Habib, Chris Silverwood, Ashley Metcalfe...the list of those who should have made it but didn't is a long one.

It happens - Good players go bad or dissapear (it's realistic)...doesn't make it any better though does it...

Clarker

lancashire666

International Coach
What does Anderson average usuallly in the end

andersoncareer.jpg

not to bad really

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Well not to encourage cheating but if you get stupid retirements like that just quit the game with task manager and start the transfer window/end of season again. If the player is meant to retire regardless, he will come up again. If it's random, he won't.

Users who are viewing this thread