Most Important "Whats your Fav" Thread!

Sureshot

Executive member
Online Cricket Games Owned
Anyone see the sketch on the beer mat, by Smith and Jones Sketchbook last Friday?

Brilliant. :D

James219

International Cricketer
Kev said:
you can get it in the UK, but its not really as easily available as the more common brands. I like it (but then I like most beers).

Yeah, its kinda portrayed as the typical Australian drink, although most people I know reckon it tastes like cat piss! :p
When I get older I might just drink those expensive spirits (on occasions, not planning on being an alcohol fan)- beer sucks! ;)

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
I don't have a favourite beer, but I'll list some of my favourites

Chimay Blue
Coopers Dark Ale
James Squire Craic
Mountain Goat Hihgtail Ale
My homebrew

The reason why some people don't like beer, especially in Australia is they only drink the crap beers. VB, New, Carlton Draught, XXXX, Fosters are all very poor beers. I know people who have said they hate beer, and I give them a nice European lager or Aussie ale and they'll go oh yeah thats not too bad. Yes I am a bit of a beer w*nker.

I also apologise if some if it makes no sense, have had a couple of homebrews.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Hurrah, this thread continues to arise.

Hope your homebrew is good, I have dabbled in it myself but had to tip the last lot I made away. Its the most painful thing I've ever had to do, pour 40 pints down the drain.

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
What was wrong with it? You get an infection?

Best move I made in homebrewing was getting the Safale/Saflager yeasts. They work really well and improve the beer enormously.

I personally can't wait until I get to the UK in a few months (on an ancestry visa) to try some great ales. I've bought some English ales here in Australia such as Newcastle Brown Ale, ESB (I think it was Essex Special Bitter), Black Sheep Ale and my favourtie Hobglobin Strong Dark Ale. I enjoy the distinctive British and Irish taste.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Bala, if you dont drink then this isnt the thread for you

Leo, the thread is full of good suggestions :)

kuttakumar

International Coach
Something not too strong for first timer.
Even if you still get a headache the next morning try some black tea with trace amount of lemon and ginger juices added to them ;).

Iron-Haggis

Club Cricketer
blackleopard92 said:
what do u recommend for first timer?

A lighter style of beer is always best for a first timer. A light European lager (or European style lager) is always a good start. But it depends on what you can get in India. Although as a first timer I don't recommend an India Pale Ale.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
evertonfan said:
WKD, a typical 15 year old's drink of choice!
Get out of this thread and take your WKD with you!

Users who are viewing this thread