Most Stupid Cricketing Moment

Pit Steel

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What do you think is the most stupid thing a cricketer has done during a cricket match? It can be something which has got them in trouble, something which has lost them a cricket match, or even win one, maybe a stupid masterstroke, or something which has had an amusing outcome.

The World Cup '99 semi-final between Australia and South Africa, I think you all know what happened. SA needed one run to win to qualify for the final, with one wicket remaining and Alan Donald ran himself out, and the Aussies qualified for the final on superior net-run rate in the Super 6 or something like that

So what are your stupid cricketing moments?

When Harbajan when to congratulate his teammate on his milestone when the ball was still in play.

i was about to say the same

it was sangakkara getting his 100 and murali went to congrat him and bang you are out my boy:p

:rtfl funniest moment in cricket

Yeah the Murili moment. It's amazing how someone so experienced can do that. The World Cup SA cock-up was a big one.

Misbah sweeping the ball in the last over to get out in the T20 final was stupid...

Misbah sweeping the ball in the last over to get out in the T20 final was stupid...

WTF? nobody can call that "stupid", Misbah actully saved us, the Pakistani fans rather appreciate him for a great knock.

I think for me is, Loosing the 99 World Cup final, I wasn't watching it live, but i did see the highlights. We were a strong team, but there was alot of mess in our dressing room, I think it was stupid of us not winning, no offence to Aussies ;P.

Last edited:
Heres a stupid decision that occured... just about 8 minutes ago.

Shoaib Malik electing to field on one of the most flat tracks ever...

WTF? nobody can call that "stupid", Misbah actully saved us, the Pakistani fans rather appreciate him for a great knock.

i know man not only pakistanis but i also really loved that knock with four sixes in the end... but it was really disappointing that he chose to play that risky shot and i found it stupid...

fair enough if you found it stupid. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread