Mozilla Firefox Seriously Retarded!

siddharth2002

National Board President<br /><a href="showthread.
Online Cricket Games Owned
Punk Sk8r! said:
Yeah I think its the best its much more simple. It has not happened so far (well I just got up so I doubt it would) but if it does I'll try one of them remidies.
Yup, do that and you can fire it up again. By the way are you receiving occasional updates for browser as well as addins as they contain fixes to these sort of crashes. Often its the result of an illegal operation performed by the addin.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I think you'll find Javascript is what's causing crashes and in that case, you can't really escape it, because many websites depend on it. Some setups are more prone to it than others (and as you can see it is indiscriminant of which browser you use http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30071), although you can make certain the Java Runtime Environment is properly installed
https://sdlc1d.sun.com/ECom/EComActionServlet;jsessionid=A39DF7B7BF2B6962C6F37AF7F40D2E8E

However, luckily for Firefox 2 users, if you do have to ctrl-alt-del -> end process, the browser can restore your session where you left off, as if nothing happened.

If you're not a hands on computer user, Firefox (and Opera, for that matter) probably isn't going to do you any favours. The brilliance is that it can be made to do most things that you could want, but you have to know how to talk to it. If you haven't tried the extensions library out, you haven't even scraped the surface.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Thanks for all the advice guys, I dont get it Angy so is it that Java thing thats messing it up?

Next time if it happens I will see if its in the EXE section of the end tasks thingy...

embi

International Coach
I was using firefox, but i saw all the hype about opera and decided to try it for a couple of weeks to see if it was any good. im still using it a good few months later.
Its just about getting used to the interface really...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Opera is retarded I hate tabs and they dont turn on and when I wanted to delete some bookmarks I right clicked and it never came up with anything piece of..........argh!

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
Hmm, interesting. I used to have a few odd niggles with Firefox, but it wasnt ever as bad as the problems I was having with IE. From one of the updates, Firefox has been running like a well oiled machine ready to work continuously for hours on end.

If I knew anything decent about problem diagnostics in Firefox I would have helped, but I don't know much. Sorry.

Bilal91

International Coach
never ever had that problem mate...i personally really like Firefox and think it's a lot faster and easier to use than IE...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeah I love it an all just this tiny little niggle IE has way to many annoying problems for eg nowdays (if I have to resort to using I.E) I can't even give anyone reps it makes that stupid sound and doesnt do anything.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Guys it happend today and I went to the exe section and did it in hard :D and it works :D

thanks to everyone who helped and posted in this thread...

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Okay guys another problem here, today for some reason when I type it comes up with that error report sign and then asks me if i want to restore session I had to write this message four times it is really annoying...

Almost_Austwick

International Captain
Firstly check which version of Firefox you're using (click Help and then About Mozilla Firefox) - it should be on version 2.0.0.2.
If not go to Firefox and download version 2.0.0.2. This should solve the problem you're having.

Punk Sk8r! said:
Okay guys another problem here, today for some reason when I type it comes up with that error report sign and then asks me if i want to restore session I had to write this message four times it is really annoying...
Simple answer is not to send the error message. Once is more than enough.

It may be beneficial for you to completely remove Firefox from your machine and go with a fresh install.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
ffs it just happened again basically say im typing half way through my sentence message comes up and I press Dont Send ad page closes...

Users who are viewing this thread