Mr Swann Gone For An Untimely Spin:

D

Dutch

Well if he had knocked over a kid on his way home we would be talking differently about it. And why the hell should we condone this kind of behaviour from our sportsmen? They should give a good example! (Puts on asbestos suit!:D)

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I guess there's a bit of a cultural thing here. Australia would have fined its players and taken them to task. New Zealand does that too. But England must be doing something, I'm sure. If they aren't, I feel sorry that beahviour like this is condoned.

P

pcfan123

Navjot Sidhu murdered someone and Lalit Modi is a former kidnapper (both people whose arse you constantly lick on this forum)

Last edited by a moderator:

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Lalit Modi was also convicted for possessing a decent amount of cocaine, and assault while attending Duke.

What is the usual punishment in the UK for "commoners" for a drunk driving charge, as it varies by country-to-country?

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I'm not condoning Sidhu or Lalit Modi, but neither is driving whilst drunk acceptable. As much as I love Swann, defending this by saying "but others have done worse and have gotten away with it" is a ridiculous statement.

As long as he realises it's a bad, and a dangerous mistake and apologises I guess he should be let off this once.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Ultimately it's a matter for the police. If the incident is serious enough and he was sufficiently over the limit he'll lose his license. No need for the ECB to get involved.

Highlander999

ICC President
What is the usual punishment in the UK for "commoners" for a drunk driving charge, as it varies by country-to-country?

Put it this way. If I did it and was caught I would definetly lose my license and depending how much I had drunk, I could go to jail.

Pretty stupid thing for him to do. Anyone who has a license knows how much the police have clamped down on drink driving and if he thinks he can get away with it because of who he is, I've lost a lot of respect for him.

CoolzEng45

Club Cricketer
I am sad to graeme swann and he is should know better. I not understand why he should take taxi ?

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Didn't know Lalit Modi was into the blow. Makes sense I guess.
Anyway disappointing, one of the only england cricketers I liked.

Users who are viewing this thread