Multi Tier Test System

Do you think there should be a Multi Tier Test System?

• Total voters
D

Dimuthu

ICC says there's a possibilty that by next June a new 3 tier test arena will be implemented. where there are the 8 top teams playing 5 dayers and 4 lesser teams playing 4 day games while a few more playing 3 dayers. While at the end of a period of time (1 year i think) the last rankin team of a higher tier gets replaced by the 1st in the lesser tier.

I personally am not sure....

I witnessed almost every ball of the Zim vs SL series. It was heartbreaking to see those youngsters (Around my age) trying their hearts out only to be dissapointed and before u know it have their butts kicked in both versions. So i say they are not ready by a long shot for test cricket.

Bangladesh is improving all the time, and with Dav Watmore around anything's possible! So i feel it would be unfair to have them "demoted" now.

So it's a tricky thing!

Peace...
DT

N

nomistrek

It appears sensible - it serves nothing to see Bangladesh and Zimbabwe being slaughtered by Australia, etc when they should be playing against Kenya and other teams of a similar level - that way with competative matches the standard of the sides should improve

S

squiz

Originally posted by nik@May 31 2004, 07:02 AM
i think evry country should play evry other country
That's just plain stupid! Why would you wanna go see India or Australia absolutely annihilate Scotland or Ireland or a team with no experience, and a country with no interest in cricket. A multi-tier system is an awesome idea!

D

Dimuthu

No Squiz... Nobody's talking about non-test playing nations.

Do u think the current test playin nations should be divided?
I feel that they shouldn't.

Sad as it is to say, i say to just demote Zimbabwe.
They have no proper infrastructure, the U19 team players r the ones who play for the national team! No "A" team!
And the facilities are supposed to be horrible.

I think it's time the ICC took a stand. If they were so quick to ban S.A. for aparthied i think the same should be done here. Not a ban, but a demotion.

DT

I

imported_potter

Originally posted by squiz+Jun 1 2004, 01:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(squiz @ Jun 1 2004, 01:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nik
@May 31 2004, 07:02 AM
i think evry country should play evry other country
That's just plain stupid! Why would you wanna go see India or Australia absolutely annihilate Scotland or Ireland or a team with no experience, and a country with no interest in cricket. A multi-tier system is an awesome idea! [/b]
Atleast the minnows will gain experience. Atleast they have the spirit to play against top teams. Didn't you see the performane of Kenya against Australia when Aus lost some quick wickets and were in a bit of trouble so Kenya applied good pressure and showed that they were there to win. If scotland plays Australia, I know 99.7% are the chances of Aus winning but if scotts can pull something out of the game like they get quick wickets or post a reasonable total. Wouldn't it boost the confidence of the team that they performed well against the tops of cricket.

I think its a great idea.. And I think kenya should get promoted.

N

nik

Originally posted by Anil Dharani@Jun 2 2004, 09:51 PM
...I think kenya should get promoted.
yeah i think they should get promoted, now u people r startin to convince me!

D

Dimuthu

Heh heh... i can't say anything against Kenya... I saw them beat Sri Lanka in the World Cup! Not to mention they made it to the Semis!

Don't know if anyone could recall, but Scotland had Aussie in SERIOUS trouble in 99 WC, Steve Waugh saved them from embarrasment!

Bangladesh is improving alot... but i really hope they win a One dayer or 2 !! For their own sake (but NOT against SL ;D: )

DT

N

nik

Originally posted by Dimuthu@Jun 3 2004, 05:04 PM
Don't know if anyone could recall, but Scotland had Aussie in SERIOUS trouble in 99 WC, Steve Waugh saved them from embarrasment!

wat happened?

Users who are viewing this thread