• Warne

Votes: 41 50.6%
  • Muri

Votes: 40 49.4%

• Total voters

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is a better bowler? Leave out the chucking and drug issues just who so you see as a better bowler

Im going to vote Shane Warne only because I have seen how he works out the batsmen more often and really the only time I see Muri is when he plays Australia. Sure the average is better for Muri but you have to take into the account of the opposition he plays, he has over 100 test wickets alone against Bangladesh and Zimbabwe at an average of around 12 which exagerates his ability.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I'm going to say Warne. He's really quite good at bowling balls of the century's every single innings he bowls, innit?
You can't get that Strauss wicket out of your mind!

But Murali is still a genius.

Then..we have Kumble :D

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
LOL, your really getting on this. You created a topic ages ago. In my personal opinion it is Murali. Carries the whole team in both forms of the game.

I'm going to say Warne. He's really quite good at bowling balls of the century's every single innings he bowls, innit?
You can't get that Strauss wicket out of your mind!

But Murali is still a genius.

Then..we have Kumble :D

talking about ball of the century, did you see Rehman's ball versus South Africa in the tests?

Last edited:

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Exactly AGES ago and i think this topic could be discussed forever and a day

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Warne -- King of Leg Spin
Murali -- King of Off Spin.

Its so simple :) Can you compare North and South :rolleyes:

Anyways, I like both the bowlers. Other offspinner close to Murali, I would say, Saqlain who invented the doosra. His(Saqi) main drawback was, he started bowling too too many doosras lately in his career which was well predicted by most of the batsmen.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Warne because he is a legit Aussie.

Nah, seriously. Warne is better. Warne plays in a country where all the wickets aren't tailor made for him - whereas Murali has. Warne brought back Leg Spin and made it popular again. Warne was an entertainer, people love to go and watch him bowl. I don't think it really matters how many Wickets Murali gets, Warne will always be remembered as the King of Spin - Murali is just to controversial and in the record books when he is done and dusted his name should read:

M.Muralitharan*

* - Chucked

Harsh, I know people are going to have a hissy fit over it again and say blah blah blah, the ICC cleared him - but he will always have that cloud over his name.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Where Warne beats Murli is his ability to outthink the batsman. I think a calm and composed batter can easily go after Warne, which is exactly why the Indian batsmen do so well against him.

Murli, I think is a better bowler though, with a higher frequency of good deliveries than Warne. Its hard to play Murli because he bowls very very few bad balls.

Its too close to call in the end, but if I had to pick, it'd definately be the Sri Lankan.

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Well obviously I think Warne, but truly beyond all bias I expect that he is a better bowler, to put it simply, he can do anything, turn a match on its head, his wrong un and flippers were dangerous, he had great turn and is just a freak of nature at times.

Muralidaran is a great bowler too, but the amount he has taken against lesser nations, whilst Warne has had to contend with the best nations most regularly, including 5 test against England every 2 years (which he dominated against all the time).

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Warne is much better. The King of Spin, Regularly takes wickets agaisnt England and the top nations whilst Murli enjoys the scalps of the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangla

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Muralitharan is the better bowler, he takes more wickets, goes for less runs, builds more pressure - he gets my vote.

However, whereas Muralitharan has an entire arm deformed to the art of spin bowling, Warne has developed his variations with a normal body part. His slider is genius. Warne has mastered the difficult art of leg spin, the revolutions he puts on the ball and the effort is visible. Each wicket of Warne's is earnt through long hard spells or a delivery which has either taken much effort or much thought.

Yes, Muralitharan is the better bowler and anyone disputing that is insane but Warne posesses a genius which transends statistics and is the reason why many regard him as one of the best spin bowlers ever.

Warne is much better. The King of Spin, Regularly takes wickets agaisnt England and the top nations whilst Murli enjoys the scalps of the likes of Zimbabwe and Bangla

A test match is a test match, no?

Also, with the exception of Pakistan (by which Warne's average is 2 lower than Muralitharan), Muralitharan has performed better against all test nations than Warne.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread