Muttiah Muralitharan sets retirement plan

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Murali sets Test retirement date | Sri Lanka Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

Muttiah Muralitharan has said he will retire from Test cricket at the end of Sri Lanka's home series against West Indies in November 2010. Speaking at the end of the first ODI against Pakistan, in which he was awarded the Man of the Match, Murali said he will focus on representing his country in one-day cricket until the 2011 World Cup and thereafter will stick to Twenty20 cricket

Just over a year of test cricket left for the great man, pretty random time to select though.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So his throwing career is closing? Sweet. Whens he going to baseball?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Not random. I think Sri Lanka dont play test after that before WC starts. So he will finish ODI in WC'11 and Test in November'10

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Not you too Jaz? *sigh*

And there goes another legend of the game. Only a matter of time till Sachin, Kallis, Jayasuriya and Dravid call it a day too.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thanks.

Just glad to know his poor elbow won't be sore after a rigorous 5 days of throwing the ball anymore.

nikhil_99

International Coach
Nov 2010 is still quite far from here,and rightly so he is 37 right now,and playing all the formats of the game (Tests,ODI,T20),there is plenty of time for Nov 10,he might change his decision in between,might extend till WC11,lets see....

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Nov 2010 is still quite far from here,and rightly so he is 37 right now,and playing all the formats of the game (Tests,ODI,T20),there is plenty of time for Nov 10,he might change his decision in between,might extend till WC11,lets see....

Yes,i agree,there is really plenty of time,he might change his decision or might not,nut according to me Warne was the best spinner compared to Murli (some people may agree few may nt,but Warne was really best)..

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I have never been a fan of Murali's bowling but the guy has tremendous determination and has ended up as a celebrated cricketer for his country and has been often rivalled with some of the best spinners in the game. but that unnatural action helped him a lot in achieving things. He is a wonderful person from what I have seen and heard of him and I respect him for that!

Have a nice life Murali! Hope your children dont have this unnatural action (if they end up to be cricketers).

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Its hard to let him go. I am sure I have seen the best bowler ever in game of cricket and we had only one murali for 130+ years in test cricket. So as far as I can safely say I will not see a bowler such as him in my life time or long time to come. Now I am going to seat back and enjoy the last year of world’s best bowler ever, and tell my grandchildren I was luck to watch murali in action making batsman look silly

diaskasun added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

He's not going to go play baseball as in his mind he's been playing it for the last two decades or so.

i feel sorry for you both, i really do man. Skin colour really plays a big part in giving credit to a man know. What a world

diaskasun added 13 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

So his throwing career is closing? Sweet. Whens he going to baseball?

Man, I tell you what. Why don’t u chuck the ball for 50 test matches and take one international wicket if you can. I have not played at international level my self, but in my playing days I have got 200+ first class wickets so I have a idea how hard it is. You think you know cricket..

Last edited:

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Man, I tell you what. Why don?t u chuck the ball for 50 test matches and take one international wicket if you can. I have not played at international level my self, but in my playing days I have got 200+ first class wickets so I have a idea how hard it is. You think you know cricket..

Honest?

Mind telling us who you are.

diaskasun

Club Cricketer
Honest?

Mind telling us who you are.

well i think i have told you guys ones i am lassana dias you guys can check my profile in cricinfo. Please think before you guys post something. its just so sad when people talk about murali like this.

Users who are viewing this thread