My interview with Pakistan born Canadian Cricketer Umar Bhatti

Afriditown07

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not sure if many of you are familiar of him but he is one of Canada's better Cricketers.

Asked him a few questions and he gladly answered :)

1) Living in Canada, did you ever hope to go back to Pakistan just for Cricket?

No, I never thought of going back to Pakistan just to play cricket.

2) Who do you think is currently the best Cricketer in the world?

There are lots of top quality players around the world but the best cricketer in the world at the moment in my opinion is Eoin Morgan. He's such a versatile player and can adapt to any situation when he's out in the middle.

3) Whats the most memorable wicket you ever took?

That would have to be Muhammad Yousuf's at the 2007 World Cup when he was the top batsman in the world. Getting his wicket was very satisfying.

4) Whats the most memorable knock you have ever played?

There have been a few but the one that stands out for me is 83* against the Netherlands.

5) What do you think about the future of Canada Cricket?

There are lots of programs being introduced in schools to get kids to start playing cricket from an early age but until we create a cricketing culture, things will remain the same. We lack the personnel and the infrastructure to take this game forward.

6) What do you think about the Canadian star Rizwan Cheema?

Rizwan announced himself on the world stage as a clean hitter and took Canadian Cricket into the limelight on global television. Cricket Canada really needed someone to replace JD (John Davison) and Rizzy did exactly that.

7) That T20 against Pakistan, what were your feelings towards it?

I had played against Pakistan before so it wasn't anything new to me but still playing against Pakistan was special.

8) How did you feel when you took Shahid Afridi's wicket?

It's always a nice feeling to get a wicket but when you get one of the most dangerous hitters in world cricket out, it's extraordinary.

9) Do you follow Pakistan Cricket?

I do follow Pakistan Cricket and I've been very disappointed to see the results against England but that was expected with the young team. Hopefully they can muster out a win against England to go home with some pride.

10) How did you kick start your Cricket career?

Well it started way back in Lahore when I was only 9 years old but after moving to Canada, I'd given up because I didn't know there was cricket here until I went to high school. From there I joined Victoria Park Cricket Club and went onto represent Ontario U-19s the same year. After that I progressed to Canada U-19s and then onto the National Team.

11) Who was your favorite Cricketer as a child?

Growing up in Lahore and in the same neighborhood as Wasim Akram, it goes without saying that he was my favorite cricketer.

Umar Bhatti | Cricket Players and Officials | Cricinfo.com

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
9) Do you follow Pakistan Cricket?

I do follow Pakistan Cricket and I've been very disappointed to see the results against England but that was expected with the young team. Hopefully they can muster out a win against England to go home with some pride

Yes most definitely

Afriditown07

Club Cricketer
Yeah I was surprised when he said Eoin Morgan too, the interview is a little old.
When he came to the scene, he was quite brilliant.
Best = Sehwag?

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Seeing how Canada only plays 20/20s and ODIs I am not surprised he said Morgan. You can argue that over the past year Morgan has been one of the best middle order batsman.

Users who are viewing this thread