NBA Discussion Thread

P

pcfan123

I also just plain don't like people from Dallas. Usually stuck up snobs and ultra republican conservative

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm a Kidd fan too. Was an NJ Nets fan back when they were solid with Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin, Kerry Kittles, Keith Van Horn and Lucious Harris. I guess you could call me somewhat of a bandwagon fan back in the day. :)

I still keep an eye on the Nets although they are just a shade of what they used to be.

In general I was a fan of undersized PGs. Mike Bibby was another favorite. It was hard not to love that Adelman Kings team. Bibby, Christie, Divac, Webber, Stojakovic. Crazy offense and everyone on that team could shoot the three if required. I guess they were the best example of the Princeton offense in the NBA.

That was a good time to watch NBA. Kings had awesome shooters and then there were Dallas with Nash and Dirk. Lakers still had Shaq and Kobe which made them team to hate and the playoff series which Kings and Lakers had was just awesome. Bibby was gun those days.

Celtics had Pierce and Walker shooting 3 pointers from all over and I remember in one game they came down from like 30 points down in 4th quarter.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I need a list of top NBA matches of all time and the current/last season. Since I can't watch all matches of the NBA on TV due to the timings in India, and cricket, I'd love it if I get the list and I'll view the highlights/matches on Youtube. :)

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I need a list of top NBA matches of all time and the current/last season. Since I can't watch all matches of the NBA on TV due to the timings in India, and cricket, I'd love it if I get the list and I'll view the highlights/matches on Youtube. :)
Haha, there are almost too many matches to come up with a few select ones. I mean each team plays 82 games every season, so that's like 1230 total games a season!

I'd say if you watch the Lakers-Celtics Finals of 2010 and 2008 that would probably be a good introduction to the recent history. In fact, pretty much any recent Finals would be good (except the Spurs-Pistons ones).

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Do you guys feel 2003 draft had best field of guys or was it 1996.

2003 Draft

1. LeBron James, Cleveland
2. Darko Milicic, Detroit
3. Carmelo Anthony, Denver
4. Chris Bosh, Toronto
5. Dwyane Wade, Miami
6. Chris Kaman, L.A. Clippers
7. Kirk Hinrich, Chicago
8. T.J. Ford, Milwaukee
9. Mike Sweetney, New York
10. Jarvis Hayes, Washington

Detroit were real idiots this year. :lol

1996 Draft

1. Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
2. Marcus Camby, Toronto
3. Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Vancouver
4. Stephon Marbury, Milwaukee
5. Ray Allen, Minnesota
6. Antoine Walker, Boston
7. Lorenzen Wright, L.A. Clippers
8. Kerry Kittles, New Jersey
9. Samaki Walker, Dallas
10. Erick Dampier, Indiana
11. Todd Fuller, Golden State
12. Vitaly Potapenko, Cleveland
13. Kobe Bryant, Charlotte
14. Predrag Stojakovic, Sacramento
15. Steve Nash, Phoenix

Last edited:

Varun

ICC Board Member
Haha, there are almost too many matches to come up with a few select ones. I mean each team plays 82 games every season, so that's like 1230 total games a season!

I'd say if you watch the Lakers-Celtics Finals of 2010 and 2008 that would probably be a good introduction to the recent history. In fact, pretty much any recent Finals would be good (except the Spurs-Pistons ones).

I think I'll just search up the star players' career highlights + the all star matches (along with the Christmas Day match).

SciD

Chairman of Selectors

Still don't like dunk contest quality overall when you see all dunks by all players.

Last edited by a moderator:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Do you guys feel 2003 draft had best field of guys or was it 1996.

2003 Draft

1. LeBron James, Cleveland
2. Darko Milicic, Detroit
3. Carmelo Anthony, Denver
4. Chris Bosh, Toronto
5. Dwyane Wade, Miami
6. Chris Kaman, L.A. Clippers
7. Kirk Hinrich, Chicago
8. T.J. Ford, Milwaukee
9. Mike Sweetney, New York
10. Jarvis Hayes, Washington

Detroit were real idiots this year. :lol

1996 Draft

1. Allen Iverson, Philadelphia
2. Marcus Camby, Toronto
3. Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Vancouver
4. Stephon Marbury, Milwaukee
5. Ray Allen, Minnesota
6. Antoine Walker, Boston
7. Lorenzen Wright, L.A. Clippers
8. Kerry Kittles, New Jersey
9. Samaki Walker, Dallas
10. Erick Dampier, Indiana
11. Todd Fuller, Golden State
12. Vitaly Potapenko, Cleveland
13. Kobe Bryant, Charlotte
14. Predrag Stojakovic, Sacramento
15. Steve Nash, Phoenix
1984 is in that conversation as well:

1984 NBA Draft (HOF in parentheses)
1. Hakeem Olajuwon (HOF)
2. Sam Bowie
3. Michael Jordan (HOF)
4. Sam Perkins
5. Charles Barkley (HOF)
6. Melvin Turpin
7. Alvin Robertson
8. Lancaster Gordon
9. Otis Thorpe
10. Leon Wood

John Stockton was also in that draft (16).

----------

Still don't like dunk contest quality overall when you see all dunks by all players.
It wasn't that great but it was miles better than last year's. Griffin's first round dunks were impressive. The car dunk was completely gimmicky and not that impressive, apart from the potential of idiotically injuring his legs and ending his season.

Ibaka got robbed in the first round. His free-throw line dunk was the only FT line dunk where he took off behind the line. The other guys (Jordan, Dr. J, Brent Barry, Dwight Howard amongst others) all took over from well in front of the line. Also the fact that he is a big guy should have increased his score.

All in all, the contest would have been a lot better if the guys had managed to nail down their first dunk attempts. As it happened, the guys ended up taking 5-6 attempts before a successful dunk. That's really the difference between the recent contests and the Vince Carter/J-Rich contests of the past.

----------

Also, Melo just got traded to NYK!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Melo better start putting some more numbers. Hes my star player in Fantasy game.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Was just watching the NBA All-Star weekend Sprite slam dunk highlights. Blake Griffin was fabulous. And that free throw line dunk from Serge Ibaka was magnificent.

ferg512

International Coach
I really liked Derozans dunks best, no flashy props or anything just dunking. Ibakas free throw line dunk was also pretty cool. Pretty clear though that the NBA rigged it for Griffin to win it, thats why they rated Ibaka and Derozan dunks lower scores.

Users who are viewing this thread