Need for Speed Carbon

kamrandahir

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Need for Speed franchise has come a long way since debuting on the ill-fated 3D0 system more than a decade ago, and it's about to go a little further. The Electronic Arts-published series' next installment, Need for Speed Carbon, will see the in-game action spill out of the sprawling city streets and into the world of canyon racing.

At the game's outset, players will race as part of a crew "in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time." Police presence eventually forces the war out of the city proper, and the races continue on the treacherous roads of Carbon Canyon. EA is emphasizing customization options in Carbon, giving players the ability to set the configurations of their rides, as well as those of their crews.

While Carbon was first mentioned publicly in Sony's pre-Electronic Entertainment Expo conference this year, it hadn't been officially acknowledged by Electronic Arts until today. Need for Speed Carbon will be released this November on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, DS, Game Boy Advance, PSP, PC, and mobile phones

Need for Speed Carbon Home Page

Last edited:

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
Aka. being released for all consoles. I don't get why they release it now. Should spend more time on it.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
and i thought that there is a thread for new games and info on these.
try posting there.

however, need for speed carbon seems an intresting concept.and any new innovation is good for the series.

jdbais

International Cricketer
kmk1284 said:
the nfs series suck except for maybe the first underground title

I disagree with you. The NFS series started sucking when Underground was released. It's unfortunate that there aren't too many good racing games out there at the moment.

Ritwik

co-founder
I agree with jd_bais. The last few NFS games have been great graphically but not really as satisfying to play as Hot Pursuit, High Stakes and HP 2.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
And I say the very best was porsche unleashed/Porsche 2000.
these represented the perfect balance bewteen simulation and arcade style of gameplay.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
u joking!
that game was the best.I played that game for 3 yrs.Completed is career missions for around 30+ times.
It was that addictive.

jdbais

International Cricketer
Ritwik said:
WHAT ?! That was probably the very worst of the NFS titles :eek:

I remember I was hooked on that game when it came out. I finished all the factory races and evolution races. I decided to try it out again recently and realised just how bad it was. It was a great game for its time but looking at it now you realise how ordinary it actually was.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
jdbais said:
I remember I was hooked on that game when it came out. I finished all the factory races and evolution races. I decided to try it out again recently and realised just how bad it was. It was a great game for its time but looking at it now you realise how ordinary it actually was.

its better than underground series and clones.

U developed an attachment with cars of Porsche.
that does not with the Underground series.

y2j826

International Captain<br><a href="http://www.plane
jdbais said:
I disagree with you. The NFS series started sucking when Underground was released. It's unfortunate that there aren't too many good racing games out there at the moment.

yeaps thats true, we have to keep racing only in one city and thats really not good, but NFS Most wanted it was better then NFS underground,

and talking about carbon the prob is still the requirements, i have 845G crappy board and i dont think the next NFS will run on it. and to upgrade it need lot of money and i dont wanna even spend it.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
jdbais said:

The NFS series sucks once you get hold of even a half decent sim, its arcade tripe with all due respect.

Not too many good racing games? Really!?!?

Arcade rubbish
Toca Race Driver 3
F1 Challenge (mod it for goodness sake)

In-between stuff
Grand Prix 4
Grand Prix 3

Simulations
Nascar Racing 2003
GTP Mod for NR 2003
rFactor
LFS 1 & 2
NetKar Pro
Grand Prix Legends
FIA GT Racing (GTR)
GT Legends

I would say those are some of the better simulations out at the moment, note graphics aren't always great its down to the physics engine used for the game.

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
Actually, these simulations are way to harsh on keyboards.they are too real.

I would love something like NFS 5 type of simulations.Not too punishing, but enough that u care for them

Users who are viewing this thread