Need help buying a new gfx card!

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Alright let me first admit it i m a big dumboo in this stuff. i always google things before buying it. As PlanetCricket is one of my most visited forum i would like to have help from you experts in here :)

After a huge session of saving,(from time Ashes Cricket release) cutting down my expenses and saving every big and small amount has helped me to gather 4000 Rs. dad asked me to save as in the last six months or so my expenses achieved it's peak. :facepalm

So at the aim of this thread, which gfx card i should give it a go? Here are my system specs

Windows XP SP2 (my hcl machine came with Vista but i upgraded it with XP later :p ;))

Intel Pentium Dual CPU @1.60 Ghz, 1.60 Ghz

2GB RAM

250gb HDD

Remember my budget is 4000Rs

Gurjot95

National Board President
I dont know the price in Mumbai but if you want it for future gaming then go far 9600GT but it will cost you Rs 4800 (here it cost Rs 5800 :facepalm). But looking at your budget you can go for 8800GT. It's only my opinion btw.

gudduthemaster

International Cricketer
you must Change you proccy Immediately :noway,Dual core is just horrible,and will become bottleneck with any good Gfx card,(9600/9800/8800)
and Btw Please give name and model of mother Board Please :help

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
System Manufacturer : HCL Info ltd

System Model : P5GC TVM SI

Proc : Intel Dual CPU @ 1.60Ghz E2140

:o

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
The E2140 just screams overclock. Unfortunately if you guys are stuck in OEM pc's that's not possible. But yeah at 1.6 Ghz it can be a big bottleneck to the high end games.

Users who are viewing this thread