Need Some Bowling Help

Everhat

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I live in the U.S., am a budding Cricket fan and have had this game for my PS3 for about two months now.

I really enjoy this game for a lot of reasons.
I won't get into all of those reasons now, but I am really digging it and I am really enjoying learning Cricket.

I can bat decently (on Normal difficulty with the HUD on - go easy on me, Cricket is all new to me), but I am really struggling with bowling.

I've watched Cricket highlights on-line, parts of matches via ESPN3.com and have read some on Cricket skills, strategy and the history of the game -

I am having a really tough time bowling well in IC2010.

I don't really know or understand what good bowling really is and what the tactics/strategy are behind it and I really don't know how good bowling is supposed to work in IC2010. I find myself falling back to my baseball roots and bowling like a baseball pitcher and getting thrashed.

Now that I'm rambled quite a bit, I wonder if some of could give me a hand.

Thanks for any (any) help you can send my way -

P

pcfan123

You need to read up on "line and length" to help understand the concept of the rising ball and how to use it. There is a main "zone" where bowlers try to get the ball to pitch, this is usually referred to as the "corridor of uncertainty."

Try to do some research on the web or contact your local cricket club. If you need help finding it, just let me know what part of the States you are in and I can direct you.

Good to see another American take to cricket, there are a decent amount of us on this forum.

Everhat

School Cricketer
Yes.
I played through the bowling tutorials.
All I remember from them is bowling an inswinger three times in a row and then bowling and outswinger on the fourth bowl.

I probably should play through those again and make sure I go through the advanced bowling tutorials...

Everhat

School Cricketer
"Line and length" and "corridor of uncertainty" - I will do some research on those terms and as I read up on bowling skills, tactics and strategy, I will keep an eye out for those terms, too.

Thanks for the help -

I only know a little about Cricket and I do wish it was more prevalent in the U.S.
Maybe the 20Twenty format could make it on television here somehow.

I do think the Test Match format is the neatest form of Cricket, from the little I do know about it.

Users who are viewing this thread