PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
2ns5eue.png

Last Updated- Thursday, 13th August 2009 12:00
E-mail this to a friend Printable version
Mircea Lucescu Resigns as Shaktar Donetsk Head Coach
1vqk7.jpg

Despite a strong start to the season with 5 league wins out of 5, Today Mircea Lucescu resigned from the Shaktar head coach posistion. Many people believed that he could take Shaktar to European glory last year but they fell at the Uefa Cup Quarter stages to Porto after a strong 0-0 at home they got trounced 3-0 away. Mircea had played an instrumental part in bringing in players such as Peter Crouch, Chinedu Obasi and Pavel Pogrebnyak to the club but the last of those names being sold to Barcelona for 6.5 million. Last year was a season when they just couldnt win when they needed to and they didnt win a piece of silverware but they did finish second in the league behind Dinamo Kiev. Some of the notable results Mircea had manged Shaktar in are a 1-1 draw at the Nou Camp, beating Werder Bremen 6-4 on aggregate in the Uefa Cup and this season winning the Ukaranian super cup on penalties against there rivals Dinamo Kiev. An early favorite for the job is Ukranian National team Head coach Oleksiy Mykhaylichenko but its still to early to decide who will be the next manager for Shaktar Donetsk.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------
The title is the new era in Ukranian btw.

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
2ns5eue.png

Last Updated- Thursday, 15th August 2009 15:00
Avram Grant named new Shaktar Donetsk Manager
2q1e3iq.jpg

Today Shaktar Donetsk chairman Rinat Akhmetov unveiled Avram Grant as the new manager. Many of the journalists were shocked as to have heard this news and many of them will still be in shock hours after the appointment. Avram Grant said at the press conference that he was looking forward to the new challenge. He also stated that with the right transfers and tactics Shaktar Donetsk could become a force to be reckoned with in europe. Many Shaktar fans believe he is the right man for the job and will take Shaktar heights they have never been before. Old Shaktar manager Mircea Lucescu stated after he had heard of the appointment he believed that he could become one of Shaktars all-time best managers and he also belived he was the right man to suceed him at the RSK Olimpiyskyi. Many of the players in the squad had stated of there happiness that Avram Grant will be managing them. Chinedu Obasi stated that he was delighted to be working under one of Europes finest manager and believes that Shaktar will win the league and cup under Grants guidance. Avram will take charge in Shaktars premier league game agaisnt Vorskla tommorow at the Butovsky Memorial Vorskla Stadium. Many Shaktar Donetsk fans will be watching and supporting contently to see how well Shaktar do under Avrams guidance.​

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting choice Shaktar there. Good choice none the less though. Hopefully he will be a good servant to them!

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
2w6b147.gif
MEET THE SQUAD

GOALKEEPERS
ANDRIY PYATOV
RUSTAM KHUDZHAMOV

DEFENDERS
DARIJO SRNA
VYACHESLAV SHEVCHUK
PEDRO BENITEZ
DMYTRO CHYGRYNSKYI
OLEXANDR KUCHER
VOLODYMYR YEZERSKYI
LEONARDO (ON LOAN AT VASCO)
OLEXANDR CHYZHOV
IGOR KOROTETSKYI
OLEXIY GAI
RAZVAN RAT

MIDFIELDERS
KONSTANTIN ZYRAYNOV
RAFAEL CARIOCA
HERNANES
KOSTYANTYN KRAVCHENKO
VLADIMIR KORYT'KO
EMERSON
MORGAN SCHNERDERLIN
MAREK SAPARA
SERGEY KOVALCHUK
JADSON
SERGIY PIVNENKO

FORWARDS
CHINEDU OBASI
ROBERT LEWNDOWSKI
PETER CROUCH (TORN CALF MUSCLE OUT FOR 3 MONTHS)
OLEXANDR GLADKYI
FILLIPO INZAGHI
LUIZ ADRIANO (ON LOAN AT KARPATY)

TOTAL NUMBER OF PLAYERS:30

Last edited:

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, interesting to see Grant to Shaktar, thats great for them and hopefully they can win some titles this year.

Great start mate, kiu! :)

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Peter Crouch and Filipo Inzaghi at Shaktar? =/ Anyway good start, hope Grant does well.

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
2ns5eue.png

Last Updated- Sunday, 16th August 2009 14:30
Team News: Shaktar Donetsk vs Vorskla
wluhbo.jpg

New Shaktar Donetsk boss Avram Grant has decide to play a 4-2-2-2 with two centre midfielders and two wingers. He will be looking to dominate Vorskla and beat them at least by 3 goals. Many people were expecting a normal 4-4-2 but Avram shocked them by playing a different formation. Many people expect Chinedu Obasi and Robert Lewandowski to hit the net at least one time each later today.The Butovsky Memorial Vorskla Stadium is expected to be packed and thousands more will be watching it at home contently spurring on Shaktar and their new boss Avram Grant.

If Shaktar win and Dnipro draw against newly promoted Obolon they will go two points clear at the top but if Dnipro win and Shaktar drop any points Dnipro will go top. Many people expect Dnipro and Shaktar to win. Here is what Avram Grant had to say about this matter.

Avram Grant said:
I have alot of expectations today but i thrive under pressure and do believe i can take Shaktar to the pinnacle of European Football and can assure they dominate the Ukranian league and cup for years to come. bout our league situation Dnipro are a good side but we have the players and we have a good set of fans to support us throughout the season and i fully believe in my players being good enough to win the league easily.

--------------------------------------------------------
About Peter Crouch and Filipo Inzaghi. Fillipo Inzaghi was on a free and i was short of strikers so i brought him in. So when i got give the transfer money i brought Chinedu Obasi and Crouch so he is now backup. I was looking for strikers and i realised shaktar had good wide players and i could use Crouch as a target man.

PaulNixon1 added 46 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

2ns5eue.png

Last Updated- Sunday, 16th August 2009 17:30
Shaktar Donetsk 2-0 Vorskla
2hyfjwm.jpg

Avram Grants Rein at Shaktar started with a comfortable 2-0 victory agaisnt Vorskla.

Many people expected this sort of score but were relieved when the match was finsihed because Vorskla dominated the last 15 minutes in a push for a comeback. A crowd of 8324 watched on as Shaktar looked the more likely to score inside the first 10 minutes. With 14 minutes gone the Vorskla Crowd was silenced from a magnificent 25 yard volley from midfielder Hernanes.

Shaktar continued to push and with 18 minutes on the clock Hernanes played an excellent ball through to Chinedu Obasi who tucked the ball past S.Velychko from 5 yards. Many people expected Shaktar to score another before half time but they continued to push but couldnt find the net.

After Half time Vorskla looked the more likely to score but Rafale Carioca dribbled the ball from his own half and thundered a shot from 30 yards and it hit the crossbar. After that incident it started to become a end to end match but Vorskla looked more likely to score in the last 15 minutes. Shaktar held on to the 2-0 victory.

Shaktar fans had more to celebrate about on the way home when they heard that Dnipro had drawn 0-0 with Obolon which left them two points clear at the top.

----------------------------------------------------

Vorskla: Velychko, Savin, Polyovyi, Lozinskyi, Karamushka (Bartulovic 73), Cheberyachko, Krasnopyorov (c), Tkachenko, Ivanov, Politylo (Pshenychnykh 61), Kucherenko (Tymchenko 61).

Shaktar: Pyatov, Srna, Benitez, Chygrynskyi, Shevchuk, Zyranov, Carioca, Hernanes, Kravchenko, Lewandowski, Obasi.

Goals:
Hernanes 14, Obasi 18.

BBC Sport Man of the Match: Shaktar Donetsks Hernanes.

Last edited:

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Robert Lewandowski is awesome. I think that you should play him regulary ;)

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Awesome start to the story, looks very proffesional, looking forward to seeing more.

Shaktar have had a good first game under Avram Grant, with a gracious 2-0 victory, but I can't see many teams beating them in the league.

PaulNixon1

Club Cricketer
Update within the next hour or tommorow. Sorry for the big delay :)

PaulNixon1 added 29 Minutes and 17 Seconds later...

2ns5eue.png

Last Updated- Sunday, 17th August 2009 14:30
Karpaty Loan Luiz Adriano
w046d2.jpg

-----------------------------------------
Ukranian Premier League team Karpaty have loaned Shaktar striker Luiz Adriano till the end of the season.

Shaktar Boss Avram Grant said that Luiz Adriano needed the match experience to develop further as a player and that since he was low in the pecking order within the strikers at Shaktar.

Before joining Shaktar Luiz was at Internacional for 4 years making just 13 appearences in his last year. At Shaktar he has made 26 appearances scoring 6 goals.

Although he isnt one of Shaktars better more experienced or better strikers but he has the potential to be a leading Ukranian League striker. Avram Grant said there was no point in just selling him because he could become one of the best players of our time.

He has yet to feature at any level for brazil but he said he just needed to focus on now and not make any long term plans.

In other news, bids for Pedro Benitez from Malaga for 975,000 and Olexandr Kucher for 1.4 million from Valladoid.

Avram Grant said these bids were way under the teams evualtion of these two players. Although not considered regulars Benitez is breaking into the team recently playing in the last two games and Olexandr Kucher being a regular on the bench but has had 1 start.​

Users who are viewing this thread