New Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010.

Although the ending ceremony looks really well organised and is rather good some of the singing is close to atrocious.

1-1 in the Aus vs NZ team sport battles for gold. We won the hockey in an epic and you guys won the Netball in an epic.

Well, that's the end of possibly the worst commonwealth games ever?
We won rugby 7's... ;)

When is the closing ceremony? And thanks for showing these pictures Pranav.

Who has way more people than us again?

Every country above on the medal table has a larger population than us, so I guess overall we did pretty good.

Who has way more people than us again?
It's actually quite amazing that we can consistently perform well in so many different sports when we have such a small population. Our women play Netball and we're the best in the world, our men play rugby and we're the best in the world.

Then there's cricket, about 200,000 people play cricket in New Zealand and we can still be competitive against teams like India and Australia in ODI cricket.

Australia and New Zealand are the two countries that very frequently punch above their weight in sports. New Zealand more in the team sports, Australia more so in the individual events

Chewie added 0 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

You have to beat Bangladesh first.:p

Well considering they have about 38 times the number of people as we do... :sarcasm

Australia would probably be the top sporting country in the world, taking population into account.
I'd say we'd be somewhere in the range of 5th - 10th.

Australia would probably be the top sporting country in the world, taking population into account.
I'd say we'd be somewhere in the range of 5th - 10th.

oh I'd say a bit higher than that.

There are a few small nations that do well in particular events and get golds there but don't do very well anywhere else. We have some events where we're good at and get golds (for example shot put), but we're not solely restricted to that sport - we are quite good all-round.

And the sport that is played the most in New Zealand, we're quite bad at. Soccer should be banned here IMO :p

BBC made a compilation of the Commonwealth Games.

14 October 2010 Last updated at 14:51 GMT
Delhi Commonwealth Games' top 10 memorable moment

From public relations calamities to the spectacular opening ceremony - not forgetting the actual sporting events, supposedly the point of the whole thing - there was never a dull moment at this year's Delhi Commonwealth Games. Here, the BBC takes a look back at 10 reasons why people are unlikely to forget the event soon.

BBC News - Delhi Commonwealth Games' top 10 memorable moments

Australia punching above their weight in the world is like Tasmania punching above their weigth in National stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread