TENNIS New Tennis Game Coming Next Year

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It’s needs improvement for sure, but we as consumers should be glad two titles are coming after years of nothing !

D

Deleted member 9102

That looks dreadful.

I have had doubts about Full Ace visually, but at least the fundamentals are in place - player speed/court coverage, ball physics, shot variety/error, patterns/pace of play etc... Just needs some polish.

This however seems to have the mechanics all wrong, resembles badminton more than tennis and it doesn't even look great visually either. I have almost zero hope that this will become a decent game.

Last edited by a moderator:

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That looks dreadful.

I have had doubts about Full Ace visually, but at least the fundamentals are in place - player speed/court coverage, ball physics, shot variety/error, patterns/pace of play etc... Just needs some polish.

This however seems to have the mechanics all wrong, resembles badminton more than tennis and it doesn't even look great visually either. I have almost zero hope that this will become a decent game.

Do you know if the new edition of full ace has been released yet?

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
No, it hasn't been released yet. The last I heard was that it's not far off, but it's unlikely to be before the end of the year. When it is released, it'll probably on Steam.

D

Deleted member 9102

Looks a lot better than AO, but the ball moves so weirdly... Really slow with moon-like gravity.

Nice to see they got the guy doing mo-cap actually on the court hitting balls, from the Big Ant vid with Kokkinakis they seemed to just be using the kit inside their office... No wonder many animations ended up looking so awkward.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nintendo announced Mario Tennis Ace coming out on Nintendo Switch. That's big news on the Tennis gaming front.

D

Deleted member 46200

Nintendo announced Mario Tennis Ace coming out on Nintendo Switch. That's big news on the Tennis gaming front.
Will it cover all four grand slams... ? And, will kooper Troopa be given a decent speed rating... ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Looks a lot better than AO, but the ball moves so weirdly... Really slow with moon-like gravity.

Nice to see they got the guy doing mo-cap actually on the court hitting balls, from the Big Ant vid with Kokkinakis they seemed to just be using the kit inside their office... No wonder many animations ended up looking so awkward.
it actually doesn't look much different for me. Same rushed animations (the alternative is you miss the ball witha full animation).

And why is Glenn Maxwell doing mo-cap for tennis!!
Will it cover all four grand slams... ? And, will kooper Troopa be given a decent speed rating... ?

Yes, I have it on good authority it will cover the "Mushroom Open", "Flower Open", "Star Championships" and "Special Open". :P

Madhona Khan Singh

School Cricketer
Its made by the makers of Top Spin 4. That's enough to instill me with confidence it will be significantly better than Big Ant's shameful offering *ducks for cover*

D

Deleted member 46200

Its made by the makers of Top Spin 4. That's enough to instill me with confidence it will be significantly better than Big Ant's shameful offering *ducks for cover*
You joined a cricket forum yesterday to moan about a tennis game... ? Granted the initial gameplay of the game was bad but they have taken huge steps to make significant improvements... Surely, having three tennis games out at the same time is a good thing... ?

passarapin

County Cricketer
AUS..
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
All this talk and release of ao tennis made me pick play full ace tennis once more.
I haven’t played that game in ages.

And boy. It was such a pleasure to play. Sure the graphicical fidelity may not be there, and some animations look a little stiff . But it really plays superbly well. Within minutes I was playing (and losing) epic 5 set matches. I didn’t even mind losing because I was so engaged.

I cannot wait for the new Full ace to be released!
May have to try and get a hold of the beta hahah

Users who are viewing this thread