RUGBY Rugby 18

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
BIGBEN AND EKO SOFTWARE ANNOUNCE RUGBY 18 Paris Stock Exchange:BIG

Well, the bad news is it's published by BigBen, from which came the awful (allegedly, I didn't buy it after reading the reviews) Rugby 15 and RWC 15.

The good news is the developers aren't HB Studios this time (although I do like The Golf Club), but a company called Eko Software. So maybe there's hope.

We need a good rugby union game. Rugby Challenge 3 was barely an improvement on RC2.

What we need are @BigAntStudios to convert RLL to Union. Can it be hard?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
EKO Made the Handball series of games.

D

Deleted member 46200

And if you've ever played that then you know not to bother... Admire the attempt but surely they should have got something reasonable by now.

Teachers verdict. Can do better...

D

Dutch

mmm the alpha trailer doesnt hold much promise....[DOUBLEPOST=1506459299][/DOUBLEPOST]the gameplay looks a little weird...but need to see more....seems some depth....

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would love to see a good rugby union game, think Jonah lomu game years ago was last good one I played !

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What I could see of the gameplay in there looked terrible. Rucks lasting an age, all AI running in exactly the same direction, crap ponderous slow play.

If I saw it on sale for £5 and Ashes has an AI that can't set attacking fields in 4th innings like DBC17 i might buy it. Otherwise the wait for someone to think Japanese expansion + Japan world cup + Olympic 7s = commercial reasons for taking rugby video game seriously and actually making a good one continues.

beechcroft

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
Based on what I saw of Rugby 15, my expectations are very low for this game.

i know RLL4 has had mixed reviews, and I haven't played it, but a Union version would still be worth a try (pun intended).

D

Dutch

Based on what I saw of Rugby 15, my expectations are very low for this game.

i know RLL4 has had mixed reviews, and I haven't played it, but a Union version would still be worth a try (pun intended).
the guys i know that have played RLL4 actually speak highly of it...i dont understand the reviews on steam to be honest...but still...it is far better than this i think....

Users who are viewing this thread