New Zealand in England

Blackhat

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Man we are off to a useless start, why oh why did McCullum have to keep on going, he already had 16 of the over:mad:

Once he went out the run rate went downhill quick, How looked out of sorts and Styris is just to old and fat these days. He did get a great ball though. Lets hope Flynn and Elliot can get us out of this.

When is McCullum going to get that ODI centuy.

Yeah I agree Styris should be gone in the next six months he is rubbish. McCullum will get that century one day.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
The pitch really doesn't look that bat, the bounce is fairly consistent, there's no extravagant movement and there's no swing. New Zealand have just batted awfully. They've had no tempo, relied far too heavily on McCullum, and England have bowled well, and more importantly fielded well. The pitch really doesn't look that bad to me.

Flynn's gone. That's a big wicket for England. He's looked good throughout the series, but has struggled to make runs. He played some nice shots today and has been unlucky. That's 2fer for Jimmy :D.

Blackhat

School Cricketer
Tim Southee to top score:p

This is just a disgrace, great bowling from England awful batting from New Zealand.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Man, another one bites the dust. This batting looks very weak and inexperienced. Maybe McCullum, How and Taylor should have shouldered more of the responsibility at the top of the order to protect the middle and lower order.

irottev

School Cricketer
Who do we have to replace Styris with?

The series in NZ is the one what mattered anyway. When we had our A side. The sooner this series is over the better. We need to build more depth so this doesn't happen again.

karnog

International Cricketer
NZ are facing dark times. I just don't think Vettori cuts it as a captain. Maybe it should be given to Mcculum or someone like How. Flynn is not good enough to be at 5. He's practically gonna face 20-30 deliveries. Better to be at the top and it could give him more freedom to loosen those arms.

Blackhat

School Cricketer
Who do we have to replace Styris with?

The series in NZ is the one what mattered anyway. When we had our A side. The sooner this series is over the better. We need to build more depth so this doesn't happen again.

I don't know really, I don't think there are to many people putting there hands up. Look at the list of contracted players, most of the players who don't play normally are pathetic.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Players I would like to see been given ago in the ODI are:

Peter McGlashan
Greg Hay
Neil Broom

They should all be given ago in the next year.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 8 Seconds later...

NZ are facing dark times. I just don't think Vettori cuts it as a captain. Maybe it should be given to Mcculum or someone like How. Flynn is not good enough to be at 5. He's practically gonna face 20-30 deliveries. Better to be at the top and it could give him more freedom to loosen those arms.

Yep I've been saying that from the start, Vettori will not cut it as a captain. I don't think it would be wise to give it to McCullum either as he would have to wicketkeep, score most of our runs, and then run the team. Give it to Jamie How.

karnog

International Cricketer
Elliot isn't that bad as many had made him to be. Hopkins looks so much better than Marshall. God what were NZ thinking when they came to pick this side...

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
This is why some people find ODI cricket boring, when this happens and they score two runs an over for 20 overs.

Howsie added 2 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Elliot isn't that bad as many had made him to be. Hopkins looks so much better than Marshall. God what were NZ thinking when they came to pick this side...

He is just a back up player, plus he is 29 years old so he isn't going to get much better.

Collingwood puts Hopkins down, this will cost them:p

Make a 100

karnog

International Cricketer
Hmm true but i prefer it this way IF one of these 2 capitalises (mind you its a rare nod for this type of innings).

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Not in one day cricket, and not in recent months. He was in good form a few months back, in New Zealand. But has struggled in England on this tour. He only averages 15 in ODi's as well, so I wouldn't expect too much from Vettori.

Elliot's playing well, only has 1 area though, he's more one dimensional than Tim Ambrose and Mal Loye, and that's saying something.

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Didnt England just break international cricketing laws or something lol...

Poterfield was their sub fielder but he is an irish player and has played for them

Users who are viewing this thread