New Zealand's tour of United Arab Emirates v Pakistan - November/December 2014

BlackCaps12

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Pakistan v New Zealand 2014-15 : Daniel Vettori set for shock Test return | Cricket News | Pakistan v New Zealand | ESPN Cricinfo

Sounds like a bit of a hasty move for me. Why couldn't they bring in Jeetan Patel who's had more 4-day cricket under his belt? I'd hate to see Vettori get injured again just before the World Cup.

I cant understand why Jeetan wasnt picked for NZ A squad and potentially in consideration for the WC. As for Dan playing I am sure they will monitor his overs and make sure he is fine for the WC

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
Great knock from McCullum as he smashes the fastest ton by a Kiwi batsman and din't even show the slightest of emotion of happinness with a "PH" logo on his shirt.

PokerAce

Banned
I have to say I really like the steel shown by NZ as the tour has gone on. Its fair to say they are firmly on top right now. In the WC with them playing their matches in NZ they are going to be formidable.

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This is such a turnaround from the beginning of the series, we've been playing so well the past few days despite all that has been going on

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Aha bang on. Kiwis leading towards a win by an innings maybe.

Yuvi.

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
What a marvellous year this has been for the Kiwi test side!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well played Kiwis. Really well done .. Aus couldnt pull off a win in the UAE. and NZ actually won after losing the toss and batting second. McCullum and Kane ensured they wouldnt have to bat again in the 4th innings. Good end to a good series

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
very good series this, a real highlight and showcase for why test cricket is still the best. It's sad that this wasn't picked up by Sky over here, quite ridiculous really, or the Aussie tests either. In one test series we saw the comeback of a which once again showed glimpses of greatness and then in the second series, Pakistan were tested fully and showed the Kiwis can be on equal footing. Not to mention some destructive batting.

These two series' provided some of the best moments in tests this year and the birth of a very good wrist spinner and solidified the Kiwis as a fighting team. I like it!

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Great knock by Taylor .. 3 back to back ODI centuries. NZ gradually seem to be building up some great momentum for the World Cup.

D

Deleted member 149013

I was very impressed with Latham I think he has bright future, his timing of the ball and temperament at the crease it reminded me of when I saw Mike Hussey back in 05 you just knew he has something special.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I was very impressed with Latham I think he has bright future, his timing of the ball and temperament at the crease it reminded me of when I saw Mike Hussey back in 05 you just knew he has something special.
I'm also a fan of his but I don't think batting in the middle order in ODI's suits him, he should be opening.

D

Deleted member 149013

I don't understand what could be gained from him batting in the middle order with having players like Anderson and Taylor they are not short by a long shot of middle order batsman. Its a strange choice when he clearly is his strongest as a opener.

cricketmad09

International Coach
I don't think NZ are a chance to win the World Cup anymore. They needed Ryder and they need a full strength team. Their batting depth leaves a little bit to be desired. A line up of Guptill Ryder McCullum Williamson Taylor Anderson Ronchi Vettori Southee Henry Mills would've been very solid.

Users who are viewing this thread