Zimbabwe's tour of Bangladesh - October/December 2014

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
^ Exactly, we already have too many bowlers and he hasn't shown that he can bat in the chances he has gotten. Come to think of it I would replace Shamsur as well. Useless after his first series against New Zealand. The rest of the series should be intriguing.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
he hasn't shown that he can bat in the chances he has gotten.
I swear he scored a century in the warm up match before this test series started...

Radical

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I swear he scored a century in the warm up match before this test series started...
It's 75*. Yes I think he got that chance because of the performance of the warm up match. But real match and warm up match are not the same. I think he will be dropped in the next match. I also think Bangladesh should play an extra batsman in place of Jubair next match. As Mahmudullah can also ball and Bangladesh lower order seemed very fragile. Jubair has the potential but he has much to learn.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Slow going on day 1 of the 2nd test. The seamers bowled beautifully with the new ball in the first 10 overs but after that Tamim and Mominul looked at ease. Pitch is turning which will be of a concern to Zimbabwe.

@swirler What do you make of the team selection? I'm surprised that Nyumbu was left out.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Tamim is playing a very uncharacteristic knock. Will be heartening to watch for BD fans. The guy is very talented. Just needs to put in more effort like he is doing right now

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
@swirler What do you make of the team selection? I'm surprised that Nyumbu was left out

I'm really not sure to be honest; but we are a bowler short. I think it would have been a good Idea to select Wellington Masakadza, so the team had two front line spinners.

Not playing Nyumbu in the tour match, or sending him over with the "A" squad has backfired.

[DOUBLEPOST=1415079555][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm pleased to see Chari & M'shangwe in the team. I was worried that Mushy wouldn't be selected in the national team while Mangongo is coach. :)

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
On Chari, It really is a mystery how someone with a first class average of 20 can open the batting for his national side but he's still there at the close of play so credit where it's due. Zimbabwe need to match Bangladesh's 1st innings score, a lead of 100 would be ideal but I can't see it happening.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Century for Hasakadza! And a decent knock from Chakabva :)

I wonder if Zimbabwe can get a lead here and put Bangladesh under a bit of pressure.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Wow, great comeback by ZIM. Its good to see when two teams put up a fight. I would say the match could be headed for a draw. But both teams are highly susceptible to second innings batting collapse, so there is still a very good chance for a result

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
Well providing that there's no 2nd innings collapse by Zimbabwe this one should be heading for a draw.

Very happy for Chakabva getting his century, looks like he's cemented his place in the side for some time :)

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Very happy for Chakabva getting his century, looks like he's cemented his place in the side for some time :)

I would think it's his greatest cricketing moment, scoring a century overseas in Bangladesh!

I would like to see both Chakabva and Mutumbami in the test side, with Mutumbami handed the gloves. :D

flake

County Cricketer
Just imagine having Williams and Prosper in the line up...Not to mention Jarvis and an in-form Vitori. The team would compete well with the best consinistently in my mind. In June/July Shakib was said to have been banned by the BCB for 6 months due to his attitude. Theyve shown me he does as he pleases. His head is too big and I hope he starts getting dealt with. He is a good player, yes, but not that good.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Uhoh .. horrid start for ZIM. And that too, to spinners with the new ball. Hope they show the same grit we saw in the first innings. Wont be easy on a day5 pitch[DOUBLEPOST=1415338843][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would think it's his greatest cricketing moment, scoring a century overseas in Bangladesh!

Nice sig :P

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles