West Indies in Bangladesh Oct 2011/12

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The West Indies have pride to restore, but while last time their best players went on strike, this time it seems the selectors simply won't pick them. Could they sent yet another underweight team against Bangladesh?

Bangladesh have shown glimpses over the past few years, but seem to have back-pedalled since the world cup. Can they build on smashing their own A side around and produce some results of value?

This is... The Battle of No Great Importance.

Code:
[b]Date            	Local	GMT	Match					Venue[/b]
Fri Oct 7		09:00	03:00	TBC v West Indians			Fatullah 
Sun Oct 9		09:00	03:00	TBC v West Indians			Fatullah 
Tue Oct 11		14:30	08:30	Only T20I - Bangladesh v West Indies	Mirpur 
Thu Oct 13		14:30	08:30	1st ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies	Mirpur 
Sat Oct 15		14:30	08:30	2nd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies	Mirpur 
Tue Oct 18		09:00	03:00	3rd ODI - Bangladesh v West Indies	Chittagong 
Fri Oct 21 - Tue Oct 25	09:30	03:30	1st Test - Bangladesh v West Indies	Chittagong 
Sat Oct 29 - Wed Nov 2	09:30	03:30	2nd Test - Bangladesh v West Indies	Mirpur

Last edited:

1iram1

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Cant' believe an A side won against the national team in the final.:facepalm

This is my 15-man squad for the ODI series:

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Ashraful
Mahmudullah (vc)
Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
Alok Kapali
Junaid Siddique
Shuvagoto Hom
Nasir Hossain
Naeem Islam (as a batting allrounder)
Sohrawadi Shuvo
Elias Sunny (good spin bowling allrounder with decent stats, did well for Bangla A in the recently concluded tournament)
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain (better than Shafiul IMO)
Rubel Hossain

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Bangladesh news: Mushfiqur Rahim named new Bangladesh captain | Bangladesh Cricket News | ESPN Cricinfo

TBH I don't really want Mahmudullah to be the VC. But then again who else do we have? Will be a really important series for Banglas. They got thrashed the last time these 2 faced and I am expecting a whitewash.

Well the last time they face WI, we had a Team which were crappy.
This team West Indies had for Pakistan and India, they may not be Experience but they are player who improving alot. Yes people going to hit me for this lol. but i take back my word about Sammy. WE REALLY NEED a proper Captain who can Lead from the front. Sammy may be capable in T20, but in Test and ODI he got a Very very very long way to go.
Maybe if one of these youngster like Simmons or young Bravo, or some one else, who is capable of leading can take over Sammy position, and that can Lead, would be good. Since Sammy is really unbalancing the team.

Imaging this Team.. for Test
L Simmons, A Barath, Darren Bravo, K Edwards, S Chaderpaul, C Baugh, K Roach, R Rampal, F Edwards, D Bishoo and A Russel. would be a very balance Team 6 batsmen, 4 Pure Bowlers and 1 Allrounder(Russel).
with people like Bring back J Taylor, S Benn and C Gayle (gayle only for OD, since he don't like test and said it many time in his interviews).

Along keep improving young cricketers for the Future, so we dont suffer what is happening now, try to mix the young cricket with the old one, and just Don't rush the young ones right away.

It's time WICB and WIPA both Grow up and look for the Improvement in West Indies and stop distorying it. again just to post it up we blame WICB all the time, but WIPA also is demolishing West Indies Cricket both don't care much about West Indies all they care about is themselves .

anyway Hope West Indies all the best and I hope this series is Good. and hope West Indies win something :D

angryangy

ICC Chairman
When I looked at the scorecard to see who did the damage for Ban A, I instantly knew Elias Sunny and Saqlain Sajib would be young left arm spinners.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I am talking about the WC team.
dyam i forgot all about that match :eek: 58 a/o Bangladesh.
Well i hope Bangladesh improve themself, because I would like to see a good match between thetwo team, plus with West Indies wouldnt have there best players, so it could be a good game of Cricket hopefully.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
Not one of the best Squad but an Ok squad
West Indies TEST team
West Indies Test Squad | West Indies in Bangladesh Test Series, 2011/12 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

They are pushing K Brathwaite to early. because against Pakistan he was struggling. Lets see how he can improve .
Sammy is the only Weak link in this Team.

My 11 For the first test. witht the Selection given. but i still think, Russel should of been pick. At least he is a better player than Sammy.

A Barath, K Edwards, D Bravo, M Samuels, S Chanderpaul, D Ramdin, D Sammy, R Rampal, K Roach, F Edwards and Bishoo.

6 batsmen and 5 Bowlers.

For the ODI
West Indies One-Day Squad | West Indies in Bangladesh ODI Series, 2011/12 | Cricket Squads | ESPN Cricinfo

L Simmons, A Barath, D Bravo, M Samuels, A Russel / C Brathwaite , C Baugh, D Sammy, F Edwards, K Roach, R Rampal and D Bishoo.

Sammy for me unbalance this Team i would like Both Russle and Brathwaite to play the ODI together both are decent all rounder unlike Sammy.

T20
L Simmons, D Bravo, K Pollard, M Samuels, A Russel, C Brathwaite, C Baugh, D Sammy, F Edwards/K Roach, R Rampal and D Bishoo.

These Team i would actrully keep and Try to improve these Player dont Drop them right away. they are all talented, only Problem is the Skipper, eighter he Improve or after this tour it's time to get rid of him. Ramdin is a pretty good Captain I would give him the Test Captain, as for the ODI i have no idea who would captain it unless They Repick C Gayle for ONLY OD and T20 the we would be the captain.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
I really hope this would be a closely fought series between WI and BAN.
WI over past few months have shown good promise first against PAK, then against INDIA. Their bowlers were regularly taking 20 wickets in the test matches. But Sammy remains the weak link in their line-up.

BAN will be taking lot of heart from white-washing NZ at home ODIs and win against ENG in WC'11. Their spin bowlers can expose WI batters' weakness on slow, dusty pitches.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nash not making the test squad is grossly unfair, especially when his replacement in Powell isn't that special and is also an opener. So basically you have already have Barath, young Braithwaite, Edwards as opener by trade.

Nash although he struggled in 3 home tests in the caribbean vs PAK (2) and IND (1). He was fairly solid in his previous series averaging 54 in NZ 2008/09, 39 vs ENG 09, 24 in ENG 09, 41 in AUS 09, 28 vs SA 09/10, 53 in SRI 09/10.

These numbers were some of the best numbers any Windies batsman had during the last two years. So i think Nash at least deserved to be on tour to BANG to see if maybe he could regain some international form ahead of the tour to IND.

Also not sure how Dwayne Bravo hasn't made either the T20 or ODI teams. He has looked good in the current Champions League especially with his bowling.

While of course Sammny presence as captain especially in the test set-up is plain wrong given that the test side will always be unbalanced with him in it. The sooner Gayle returns as skipper and opener, Gibson is removed as head coach and the entire WICB executives and selection panel is changed the better, since they continue to do more harm for Windies cricket than good, by not selecting the best players.

Last edited:

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Cant' believe an A side won against the national team in the final.:facepalm

This is my 15-man squad for the ODI series:

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Ashraful
Mahmudullah (vc)
Mushfiqur Rahim (c)
Alok Kapali
Junaid Siddique
Shuvagoto Hom
Nasir Hossain
Naeem Islam (as a batting allrounder)
Sohrawadi Shuvo
Elias Sunny (good spin bowling allrounder with decent stats, did well for Bangla A in the recently concluded tournament)
Abdur Razzak
Nazmul Hossain (better than Shafiul IMO)
Rubel Hossain

What happened to Shakib Al Hasan?

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
I really hope this would be a closely fought series between WI and BAN.
WI over past few months have shown good promise first against PAK, then against INDIA. Their bowlers were regularly taking 20 wickets in the test matches. But Sammy remains the weak link in their line-up.

BAN will be taking lot of heart from white-washing NZ at home ODIs and win against ENG in WC'11. Their spin bowlers can expose WI batters' weakness on slow, dusty pitches.
Sammy Yepp unfortunately.
Imaging having a Pace attack like this coming at you.

F Edwards, J Taylor, K Roach and R Rampal. Boy would i like to see this happen with the back up of spin by D Bishoo and M Samuels (Since he can now bowled)

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Users who are viewing this thread