West Indies in Bangladesh Oct 2011/12

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This top form you speak of has never been seen

Yes it has.

From his debut series vs Bangladesh 2009, the same year when he impressed the world in Australia by roughing up Ponting - up until the 2010 tour to SRI, Roach was in top-form leading the Windies pace attack on his own in the absence of Taylor, Edwards and a Rampaul who didn't hit peak form until 2011.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Yes, the pinnacle of any bowler's career is surely facing the fabled Bangladeshi batting order, especially while getting beaten by them.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Yes, the pinnacle of any bowler's career is surely facing the fabled Bangladeshi batting order, especially while getting beaten by them.

You can ignore performances against Bangladesh quite fine. I do that all the time when looking at players careers peak form etc.

But quite clearly for two years after than against actual top teams he built on that debut BANG series form and impressed all. That is undeniable.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Remove Bangladesh and he averaged 34.26 in his so called top form...

Ah yes I was hoping someone wouldn't come up with that weak stats picking response. But I was wrong.

Roach bowled far better than that in the aforementioned period that the 34 average, even without the the BANG stats.

Case in point the 2009/10 to AUS when he broke Ponting hand while averaging 51. He clearly bowled better than that average suggests.

However if you reckon that 51 average was an accurate reflection of his series bowling efforts, which would vindicate his 34 average during his "top form" period - then we have nothing more to discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread