West Indies in Bangladesh Oct 2011/12

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Oh ya they West Indies too have shown the need to win this match. If only Pakistan was watching this test :p

40 balls 35 runs good enough

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I like Sunny. He's an oldschool, jog up and toss it up slow spinner. Gives it some nice rip. Does have a bit of a consistency issue it seems. ICC06 got that part right :D

----------

Simmons looking ominous.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
That maiden over was crucial to hold the nerves. Brave decision to declare and good fight shown by West Indies. May the best win :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
53/1 in 11. Simmons looking ominous. Sunny looked threatening, got some to turn, Shakib hasn't gotten anything out of the pitch really. Shahadat was poor, too short, while Rubel's first over was nice and pacey.

34 of the 53 in boundaries. BD doing well to cut off the easy runs, but need to stop leaking fours.

----------

Sunny back and a starts with a short and really really wide one which goes unpunished.

He needs to sort out his accuracy issues. But good attacking move. 170 runs needed in 23 overs, WI have slowed down.

----------

Simmon's goes, slogging to the deep. His back was in pain, so I guess he figured it's hit out or get out. BD need 8 more, and WI are probably gonna shut up shop.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
if only 2 days were not lost due to wet field conditions, we could have been in for a fascinating test match..but as Rain Gods would have it!!!

:(

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
bit gutting that Sunny couldn't play the 2nd test. It's rare bangladesh have a player that holds a psychological edge over their opponents, let alone the fact that he was producing wickets.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Another Shakib Five-fer keeps WI down to 355.

Roach is finally unleashed on the helpless Bangladeshis.

Promptly gets carved up for 13 runs in his first over.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Sammy is big burden on WI Team.. Rampaul should play in place of sammy but can't ...

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Rampaul is injured and can't play in place of anybody. Roach isn't arguably the third best seamer anyway.

aayush93

Club Cricketer
Rampaul is injured and can't play in place of anybody. Roach isn't arguably the third best seamer anyway.

ok but still WI never play Roach, Edwards, Rampaul together in a Test Match because Sammy is Captain and he needs to play..

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Batsman Kirk Edwards seems to be a good find for WI in test matches..I didn't think much of him when he made a not-so-impressive debut for WI in ICC CWC'11 this year in India. But he got century in his debut test match against India this year in June and now got one against Bangladesh in the sub-continent.
After his debut century against India, he had credited Rahul Dravid for giving him advice regarding technical and mental aspect of test match batting. The youngster seems to be paying heed to the Modern day batting great and reaping benefits for WI in test matches.
Here is to the hope that he continues to do well in test matches for WI!!

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The Windies appear to have got this one, Bangladesh has been reckless trying to play one day cricket, when the West Indies took a day and a half to accumlate a reasonable total of 355. And now century from Bravo. Bangladesh won't be happy with this.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
This was a crucial game to win for Windies. Bangladesh are back to square one. They bring in one performance that is then never seen in lifetime :p

Congrats West Indies for winnning a test series after 2001 I suppose. Also this will give some confidence before coming to neighbors of Bangladesh.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Good win by Windies and a good on for Sammy to get a series win.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Its interesting that Darren Bravo scored his 1st test hundred here in Bangladesh.

I recall a young Sarwan just like Bravo came into test cricket with alot of hype and he scored alot of 50s before eventually scoring his debut hundred in Bangladesh 2002 - then the hundreds begun to flow.

So hopefully with the psychological barrier broken, hopefully the hundreds begin to flow now for the superbly talented Bravo.

----------

When he is in top form I would say its impossible to split Roach/Taylor/Edwards/Rampaul as to who is best windies quick bowler.

Roach I have noticed is a bowler like Mitchell Johnson that needs to be playing consistently to find his rhythm. So to me its no coincidence that since the incorrect appointment of Sammy of captain, which has resulted in Roach being in and out of the test team since late 2010, his form has dipped.

In Rampaul's absence the Winidies for the just concluded test would have had a better balanced attack, if they had played a second spinner in Shillingford or the 3rd seamer in Andre Russell, who should be in the test squad ahead of Sammy.

Users who are viewing this thread