West Indies in Bangladesh Oct 2011/12

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Promising start to the series with a thrilling T20... really sets the tone for a competitive series.

WI are badly missing Gayle, Dwyane Bravo and Pollard..I guess they will have to learn to do without them in International cricket. They have to be bit more positive with the bat.

Positive start for Bangladesh after disappointing ZIM tour, must be looking to exploit slow home conditions with battery of spin bowlers.

cricketmad09

International Coach
It must be frustrating for West Indian fans to know they're losing to Bangladesh only because selectors aren't picking the best West Indian team.

Guys like Gayle, Pollard, Dwayne Bravo, Darren Bravo, Roach, Taylor, Edwards, Bishoo would've been handy last night.

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
What? Bishoo, Roach, Edwards rested? Cause they cant be dropped!!

For what reason? They are not playing any type of cricket then why?

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

Who knows, but if Roach and Edwards played, we would've been dead meat.:p

jacobfelix

International Coach
WI : 256/2 in 46. Considering the fact that for most part of their innings they were going at "no loss"....this score is very less....

Hope Bravo-Pollard & others give the blitz in the last 4 overs.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
WI have played good positive cricket to post big total 298 on board. They were impressive against identical 3-2 series losses to Pakistan and India this year at home.
Hope they carry their good form and take this ODI series after tense loss to Bangladesh in T20 match.

Players I'm watching out for are Russel, Darren Bravo and Rampaul.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors

Fidel cant be rushed back. He is just coming back from a serious injury and he needs to be fit for test matches.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I agree. I always feel there's immense talent there but, they just don't learn. do they? I dearly wish they do, one fine day.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Put in a stupid-shot quote for each batsmen per season. In a given year you can only get out to a stupid shot 3 times. On the 4th occasion, you are out of the team for a minimum 12 months. Only then can you return.

Stop constantly picking morons like Ashraful ffs.

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's not even stupid shots, they seem to be unable to pace innings and judge conditions. You feel that the the top 3 came out and kinda thought,

"ok, what players normally do is score fast in the opening overs, so I will just take a few swings at whatever I feel like, it's not that bad to lose a wicket at the start anyway."

sometimes it looks like batsmen coming in behind them think they will get away with bad shots because the law of averages dictates 3 wickets probably won't fall in the first 2 overs. idiots.

anyway, match over already. good stuff.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Mushfiqur the only player with any fight in him. Decent couple of innings from Naeem too.

AnshtheDj

Club Cricketer
I thought it was going to be familiar route downhill for Bangladesh when I saw the scorecard reading 20/4 inside first powerplay..but was pleasantly surprised with the fightback shown by Bangla Middle and Lower order batsmen.

Rahim again put price on his wicket and played a captain's knock and he was ably supported by Nasir Hussain whose brilliant 50 got them past 200. The final total of 220 also had a few useful contributions of 20s, 30s by few others. WI could have used Bishoo and Samuels for few more overs.

Kudos to Bangla team for keeping the fight alive in this contest. This total certainly gives them more than decent chance in the match, losing which they will hand over unassailable lead to WI in 3-match ODI series.

Onus is now on WI batters to graft on this slow pitch and make sure there are no hiccups in chase.
Hoping for a good contest...

Users who are viewing this thread