New Zealand in England

PhilD123

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ah, the good old fashioned English batting collapse, knew we were due one, at least we do them better than anyone else.

Inbox24

Club Cricketer
Wow, what a comeback, if these guys can take 2 more wickets, then they've won.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
We're not out of it yet, Swanny can bat, as proven by his midwicket slog against Vettori, and as long as Colly bats through we have a chance. Broad has guided us to a victory before, with Bopara, so only chasing 180 means we have a chance. Don't know how we've been getting out to Southee and Elliot though, neither are particularly good or threatening. I've not been massively impressed with Southee especially, he's not got great control or pace, and he does rely on swing. He's certainly not as good as Broad was 2 years ago. Broad's a much better batter aswell, Southee's a slogger.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Way to throw away a game guys. We had them on the back foot for most of the game, then let Elliot and Mills off the hook, then batted awfully. New Zealand bowled well, but we were terrible, and deserved to lose. Hopefully that'll give us the kick up the arse that we need, and we'll come back strongly. The proposition of facing Oram in the next game as well though doesn't look good. How is it possible to start a series so well and then go to pot ?

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
A shocking batting performance for us. Why do England look worse than anyone else when they lose? Should not have lost after bowling the opposition out for 182.

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
Thought we'd lost it after Anderson and Wright got tonked at the end tbh, only saw us lose a couple at the end of the game from our innings but it didn't surprise me.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Great game. Fantastic bowling performance from New Zealand; That's why they're a better ODI team than us. Let this dismal batting performance be a reminder to those England fans on here who've been showing a disgraceful level of arrogance over the past couple of weeks. The way in which we totally switched off as soon as we had them 5 down was unbelievably unprofessional and the complaceny we showed was disgusting. I'm full of admiration for the New Zealanders today and a part of me was really made up for them when they took that final wicket.

Now hopefully the sky pundits will stop talking about this England team as if it's streets and streets ahead of New Zealand because evidently, its not.

evertonfan added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

A shocking batting performance for us. Why do England look worse than anyone else when they lose? Should not have lost after bowling the opposition out for 182.

If they hadn't arsed around and assumed they'd already won the game when they had them 5 down for 42 then they could have easily bowled them out for less than a hundred. Shocking display of arrogance.

Hats off to Broad though. Flawless performance today. I also think we should relinquish Anderson from the new ball duty in ODIs. For all his improvement in Test cricket his ODI cricket has been getting worse and worse.

evertonfan added 6 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

Geez, whatta comeback.

Oi, evertonfan what do you think of Tim Southee and Grant Elliot's haircuts?

Hmmm, let's just say it's a good job they're half-decent bowlers.

Last edited:

manee

Chairman of Selectors
I also think we should relinquish Anderson from the new ball duty in ODIs. For all his improvement in Test cricket his ODI cricket has been getting worse and worse.

Who are you and what have you done with Matt?!

Good stuff from both teams but England fell to letting the fielding pressure off in New Zealand's latter overs. Perhaps Broad should have had a few saved for the final overs, it was quite silly to assume that the worst bowler of the innings (Jimmy) would come good at the death against batsmen swinging wildly at anything loose.

Earlier in the series, I could not see anything impressive about Southee's bowling, but it is evident that he is quite a handy prospect. He has the rare ability, for someone of his height, to swing a ball which can bounce to hit the splice of the bat and his accuracy was good today. A very, very good seam position too, perfectly angled for an outswinger with no scrambling of the seam at all. Good to see him hit 89mph too - certainly impressive for a 19 year old on his 60th ball of the innings.

But Kyle Mills! How the hell does he always pick up wickets?!

Blackhat

School Cricketer
We're not out of it yet, Swanny can bat, as proven by his midwicket slog against Vettori, and as long as Colly bats through we have a chance. Broad has guided us to a victory before, with Bopara, so only chasing 180 means we have a chance. Don't know how we've been getting out to Southee and Elliot though, neither are particularly good or threatening. I've not been massively impressed with Southee especially, he's not got great control or pace, and he does rely on swing. He's certainly not as good as Broad was 2 years ago. Broad's a much better batter aswell, Southee's a slogger.

Someone sounds abit angry, Southee took four wickets man. Broad hasn't done that yet and he has played 20 more ODI's. Southee also has a 5 wicket bag in a test match, Broad doesn't have one of them either. Southee also has a higher average in test match batting and a higher score.

Nah i'm just kidding, but you have to remember Southee is 2 1/2 years younger then Broad, and I bet you that by the time Southee gets to 22 he will be alot better then what Stuart Broad is. Southee is already hitting the 88mph mark which is what Broad bowls at too.

D

Deleted member 11215

Was at the game today it was a good game to watch but i never felt we'd win it once we continued with collingwood after they were 5 down we needed to go for the kill.

Battingwise we were poor, whenever we got ontop we lost a wicket and got behind. Also how did it not rain! I wasnt expecting to see any cricket but got a full days play :D

Also the crowd was awesome got loads of mexican waves and 2 streakers! :eek:

Sureshot

Executive member
So many poor shots from our batsman. I thought Broad was excellent with the ball, yet again. Tremlett did his job too. Anderson was expensive though. 35 of his 61 runs conceded, came in 2 overs. One word, consistency.

I think we should revert back to Mustard. I think Ambrose is a decent One Day player. But he has no role in this side, he isn't a finisher. He's a batsman who comes in at 4/5 and plays (re)builds the innings. I think Mustard opening with Bell, with Wright to do some pinch hitting at 7 is better than the current situation. Credit to New Zealand though, they fought well, but we gave them the chance too. Dropped catches, mis-fields and poor shots cost us. But then again, after the Edgbaston debacle, the Kiwi's deserve some luck. Interesting game of Cricket.

I will do an article, I'm a bit tied under atm. Will be Monday evening/Tuesday, I'm afraid :)

Users who are viewing this thread