New Zealand

Chewie

BCCI President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stewart and Bracewell I didn't mind being in that 30. I think the selectors were reluctant to put Vincent there due to him playing overseas so much

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
IIRC weren't Adams and Vincent both tweaked over by NZC?

----------

Vincent isn't actually classed as an overseas player, so he should of at least been in the 30.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm not sure but I remember both went and played ICL. I know NZC stuffed Adams around, but iirc Vincent retired due to depression?? I'm not sure, but he could be pretty handy, just because of the experience he has. I would have him instead of Jamie How anyday.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
The whole ICL thing was a mess, especially with Bond.

I just had a feeling Vincent left because of NZC like Adams, and Fleming went a couple of years early as well, because of the whole captaincy thing.

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah although we haven't been great over the last few years, we have done pretty amazing considering about half our team then went to play in that crap (and we lost Fleming too early). We pretty much had to start with a brand new team.

-D-S-B-

International Coach
When I saw 'incident' my first thought was Ryder or Southee. Hopefully it wasn't too major, but what an idiot.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think it will be a big loss at all if Williamson doesn't go, considering you'd think Nicol would get called up, and he's been the highest run scorer and second highest wicket taker this OD season. He has the same problem as Williamson with the bat though, with a S/R this OD season of only 73, which will probably do down in the international game. Our of people who've taken a decent amount of wickets, he's also fourth in best E/Rs. With our injury problems and going by those stats, it's pretty unlikely that he won't be heading over there sometime.

Chewie

BCCI President
Williamson is only out for a few days. Gonna be joining the team shortly I think.

Chewie

BCCI President
Of course Southee wouldn't do anything wrong :D

Sky isn't broadcasting any warm up matches is it?

Chewie

BCCI President
I suppose we are only playing Ireland in the first warmup round, they probably won't be showing that anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread