Next England Manager

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
Who will take over as the next England manager after a Euro campaign more disappointing than Fabio Grosso's last minute dive against Australia that guided them to a tainted World Cup victory? There are plenty of contenders, so who will it be?

Betting is open until the end of the month, at which a time it will be closed and payed out when the decision is made.

Last edited:

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
I have decided to extend the betting for another two days so more people can get into it. Discuss it as well if you want.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Paul Jewell won't be getting the job, he is the new manager of Derby.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Probably you should update the odds a bit, JM is probably the stand out favourite to get it now and others on the list have ruled themselves out.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The trouble is unless we impose some sort of cap on the amount of foreign players a squad can have (or maybe a rule imposing a cap on how many can be on the field at any one time), the England team will continue to suffer. Look at these figures:

Season 95-96: English players: 65% Foreign players: 17%
This season: English players: 36% Foreign players: 51%!!!

These are figures printed by the Sun from the leaked PFA report. Italy have over 60% Italians playing in Serie A and they're World Champions!
Personally, I'd go with a rule limiting the amount of foreigners that can be on the pitch at any one time. This would keep the foreign players in the squad happy while still ensuring regular Premier League football for up and coming English players.

Even if we have to endure a period where we get totally outclassed in Europe, I reckon it'd be worth it if in approx ten years we have a crop of English players ready to take on the world because they have been able to ply their trade on a regular basis in the Premier League and not just watching from the bench all the time!

The way our kids are being trained is on the right track. My nephew attends a football class run by Chelsea and the emphasis is on good technique rather than speed (which can develop as the boys get older) and most importantly, maintaining possession of the ball with good, accurate passing. It's just like learning a new piece of music. First, you practice it slowly until you've got it technically accurate and then you speed it up and add your own style to it!

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Who will take over as the next England manager after a Euro campaign more disappointing than Fabio Grosso's last minute dive against Australia that guided them to a tainted World Cup victory? There are plenty of contenders, so who will it be?

That is defiently more dissapointing

Leicester Fox

Chairman of Selectors
I doubt its today as surely they would have announced a press conference, will be tomorrow or the weekend most likely.

pal

International Coach
I'm pretty certain that it's confirmed now.

Users who are viewing this thread