• Total voters

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The Next Indian Coach ?
Who do you think would be or is suitbale as the next coach ?

Adarsh

Panel of Selectors
I doubt it'll be Sandeep Patil or Amarnath. Apart from that I have no idea at all. As Rohit said, a lot of them may not want the job. Gavaskar's got a chance, methinks.

anandbatra

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Sandeep Patil. But, if Gavaskar is in the selection panel, then I doubt Patil will get the nod(Dadar Union v/s Shivaji Park rivalry :p).

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Well it seems that Patil is not on good terms with the seniors and it has already been conveyed to the Board.He might fill in as an interim one,but I really doubt him going for a long termer with the BCCI.

prarara

International Cricketer
Hopefully Sir Viv Richards, what about Steve Waugh?

shery_rsa

Club Captain
i think dave whatmore bcoz i think he will bring new blood in team if indian board allow him.

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
shery_rsa said:
i think dave whatmore bcoz i think he will bring new blood in team if indian board allow him.
Chapell was allowed to bring in new blood and he did but what was the result in the end?? They all failed miserably and he had to bring those old guns back. So it's ultimately upto players to perform.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think we should wait to see who is shortlisted. I voted for Sir Viv just because he would bring us some mental toughness if he was able to transfer his way of playing cricket onto us.

I hope we don't get Gavaskar, though. Patil would be a good coach as would Dav Whatmore.

cricket doctor said:
Chapell was allowed to bring in new blood and he did but what was the result in the end?? They all failed miserably and he had to bring those old guns back. So it's ultimately upto players to perform.
The young blood wasn't really given a chance on the ultimate stage. I don't know what caused Sreesanth and Karthik not to be picked in the final XI when they played pretty decently throughout the season. All our youngsters showed promise but as soon as they lost a bit of form, they were dropped. I don't think the dropping of players such as Raina and Kaif was ever completely justified.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
It's a long shot, but say England get rid of Fletcher after the World Cup and bring in Moody. This could lead to Fletcher going to India maybe?

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
evertonfan said:
It's a long shot, but say England get rid of Fletcher after the World Cup and bring in Moody. This could lead to Fletcher going to India maybe?
I hope not. I wouldn't touch Fletcher with a 10-mile pole!

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
John Wright will be good , basically india doesnt deserve any good coach like them , the people doesnt know how to treat these great man , only know to criticize ,half of them dont know cricket fully but know how to give rubbish lectures and criticize .

cricket doctor

International Cricketer
sohummisra said:
I think we should wait to see who is shortlisted. I voted for Sir Viv just because he would bring us some mental toughness if he was able to transfer his way of playing cricket onto us.

I hope we don't get Gavaskar, though. Patil would be a good coach as would Dav Whatmore.

The young blood wasn't really given a chance on the ultimate stage. I don't know what caused Sreesanth and Karthik not to be picked in the final XI when they played pretty decently throughout the season. All our youngsters showed promise but as soon as they lost a bit of form, they were dropped. I don't think the dropping of players such as Raina and Kaif was ever completely justified.

Don't forget at that time Zaheer and Ganguly were performing much better than Kaif and Raina and as world cup was getting closer the selectors were not in the situation to take more chances with Kaif and Raina.

and IMO Raina got enough chances to prove himself but he failed.

Users who are viewing this thread