Who Should be the next Indian coach

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who should be the next Indian coach?

I personally think this time we need a coach like Dravid desperately because we will have a team full of youngsters and I don't think anyone other than Dravid is better for it. The work he has done with the U-19 team and in WC was top class also we have seen it how DD performed this season in IPL . On the other hand, everyone knows, how good he was and his experience will benefit wherever we go or whatever pitch/condition we get.
He has suggested in the past that he will like to contribute and nurture talents at a lower level and give proper time to his family as well rather than taking the role as an indian coach which means he will be out of the country most of the time so he might decline it too.

Ponting backs Dravid for Team India coaching job

Sunil Gavaskar backs Rahul Dravid as India coach | The Indian Express

Virat Kohli wants Daniel Vettori as next India coach

Michael Hussey reveals approach for India job | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Decision on coaching India would depend on my 'bandwidth' - Rahul Dravid | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Rahul Dravid, Zaheer Khan and Paddy Upton would be the trio I would ideally want to see involved with the current Indian team. Paddy has worked with Indian team before when he was brought in by Gary Kirsten and I feel him alongside Dravid and Zaheer are just the right men who can manage this Indian team very well. Especially the test team which is now led by Kohli. I don' think I need to elaborate about Dravid and Zaheer because I feel if they are available for the role they would be the first choice for any supporter.

However, this is very unlikely to happen since as you mentioned, Dravid wants to work with U-19 players and he has stated this before. This is not a bad thing since we know that the players who are coming in from under-19 have much stronger base with Dravid working with them. Also all the assistant coaches are likely to hold onto their jobs which means Sanjay Bangar, Bharat Arun and Shridhar are all likely to continue their job. Ravi Shastri also has support of players which sounds really scary. Yes Ravi is very motivational and optimistic but I still don't feel he is the right person to manage this team.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I do not think Dravid is an option anymore as he along with Jayawardhane have been selected for some ICC post. This makes Dravid ineligible for coaching India. Personally I would love to see Zak in the coaching role but he needs some time before we get him on. Anyone think Gilchrist ? He did good with the Punjab team back in 2012 had a good run during Deccan when captaining the side.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
What do you think about Stephen Fleming?

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
What do you think about Stephen Fleming?

Rahul Dravid would be the better choice , though gary kirtsen proved himself the best coach, team ever had till date . still local coach can become more helpful . (remember that greg chappel incident .horrible it was)

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Rahul Dravid would be the better choice , though gary kirtsen proved himself the best coach, team ever had till date . still local coach can become more helpful . (remember that greg chappel incident .horrible it was)
I posted my suggestion taking the fact that Rahul Dravid has very less chances of becoming the coach. Icc post and u19 coach is a great job

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I posted my suggestion taking the fact that Rahul Dravid has very less chances of becoming the coach. Icc post and u19 coach is a great job
Less chances? He has been approached by the advisory commitee since 3 months. But has declined to take up the job. Which means that he is been given lots of chances opportunities/offers to take up the job.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Less chances? He has been approached by the advisory commitee since 3 months. But has declined to take up the job. Which means that he is been given lots of chances opportunities/offers to take up the job.
I meant that there are less chances of him being the coach.
I didn't mean that he has not been given the chances

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I meant that there are less chances of him being the coach.
I didn't mean that he has not been given the chances
Again I'd say, it is not about giving chances. Its all about personal interest and willingness to take up the job.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Again I'd say, it is not about giving chances. Its all about personal interest and willingness to take up the job.
That is what I am saying - There is a low probability. Of him being the coach.

Ah! Finish the topic now

S

Satan666

Darn it you guys aint find a coach yet!!!!!!!

Whats the keep back now?

Users who are viewing this thread