Nimbus no longer official broadcaster of BCCI.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
They haven't been paying the dues at the right time, and so the BCCI decided to cancel the contract. That's what I read in the newspaper this morning.

They haven't been paying the dues at the right time, and so the BCCI decided to cancel the contract. That's what I read in the newspaper this morning.

That is what which BCCI are reasoning! But in my paper, I found a statement regarding advertising WSH, which was not allowed by BCCI but still they advertised it.

I found a statement regarding advertising WSH, which was not allowed by BCCI but still they advertised it.
Yup that's mentioned in TOI too, but that's the secondary reason is what the paper said.

That's good for Cricket. I'd love if Star Cricket broadcast India home matches. Though it's likely they will go for Ten Cricket though.

BCCI has issues with TEN Cricket as well, if I'm not wrong!
I want ESPNStar to win the broadcasting rights, which would bring all the domestic events more close to people all round the world, and it results in the improvement of Indian domestic structure in terms of economy as well as the enhancement of other unprofessional stuffs like Kits, stadium maintenance, sponsors, etc!

Even I want ESPN to get the rights. Coz at the moment my ESPN HD is doing nothing but showing old x games or cliff diving championships. On weekend its okay as there is Premier League telecast in HD :D. It would be nice to see domestic matches in HD too. Neo's telecast has been such a pain in the ass :facepalm

Neo's telecast has been such a pain in the ass :facepalm

Couldn't agree more. Thee worst TV sports channel I've ever come across in my life. On top of that, those bastards often display a side-bar showing they've been awarded the 'best Sports channel in India' for the third consecutive time. Whom are they kidding?!

There is nothing wrong with Neo tbh, but the fact is that some idiots always find foreign stuff more fascinating than their own Indian stuff.

I personally hope that the rights should stay with Neo, and if not, then go to ESPNStar.

Yup that's mentioned in TOI too, but that's the secondary reason is what the paper said.
You believe in that?:eek::lol
WSH is a bit threatening IPL and its economy, since it is something which is competing IPL economically. Its a low budget, IPL style Hockey tournament.
I reckon I need not explain further:spy.
Couldn't agree more. Thee worst TV sports channel I've ever come across in my life. On top of that, those bastards often display a side-bar showing they've been awarded the 'best Sports channel in India' for the third consecutive time. Whom are they kidding?!
"Best Sports Channel in India"
Awarded bythemselves.

:lol. Seriously, Neo is one irritating channel I've ever come across! They don't give their footage to any other sports channel, even though its a world record.
What would world prefer to see?
A video in which Sehwag/Sachin celebrating their double ton or a slide show with commentary of the news readers?:facepalm:facepalm

----------

There is nothing wrong with Neo tbh, but the fact is that some idiots always find foreign stuff more fascinating than their own Indian stuff.

I personally hope that the rights should stay with Neo, and if not, then go to ESPNStar.

No dude, I disagree with you!
Doordarshan Sports is way too better than Neo sports, to be frank!
I was seriously hoping for this to happen since long time! And finally,:cheers

My first reaction to the news when I read it was having a sigh of relief that I wouldn't have to watch matches on Neo anymore. If they (BCCI) give rights to Espn-Star or even Doordarshan it will be much better. Don't think Sony has a chance as its not a full time sports channel. Zee sports may get a very thin chance if BCCI forget they (Zee Sports) were the one to air ICL! :p

Dude what you are on about :facepalm. Seriously you have no problem with neo? How often they miss the first ball of the over due to ads or insert those on-screen ads during live match while bowler is running. Can you really live with that shitty HUD that neo has?
Biggest difference beteen EspnStar and neo is that when a match in a interesting point like last few overs, they stop the advertisements completely and HD quality is far more superior than Neo.

I dont know what prompted you to start a nationalism debate. tbh that was just a cheap shot you took. I want quality, it doesnt matter if its Indian or not.

If you love your Indian stuff so much then why the hell are you here. This is not a Indian site(Its hosted on a server in Virginia). Or do you chose to prefer foreign stuff over Indian stuff whenever it pleases you.

If you love your Indian stuff so much then why the hell are you here. This is not a Indian site(Its hosted on a server in Virginia). Or do you chose to prefer foreign stuff over Indian stuff whenever it pleases you.

Calm down mate. I'm pretty sure he was referring to me there. FTR, I'm all in for the rights to go to Espn Star or Ten. Anyone but Neo. That 'Indian stuff' enough for you, Yudi?

I know who he was referring to still i replied coz that was stupid and his post was contradicting itself. In first line he was the problem with foreign stuff and in the last line he wants ESPNSTAR to get the rights :p

Haha well spotted. Ironic much Yudi?

Edit: Funny thing's that everyone but for Yudi accepts this piece of news article with a huge sigh of relief. Wonder who's deluded then?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread