Team Thread Nine Dragons: As active as an American truck driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am willing to play against European XI. Was thinking of going with this team using only Misbah from the star players.

BlitzBerg Steel
Aditya Jha :bwl:
Nick Agger
Misabh Ul Haq
Varun Rustagi :wk:
Abhishek Vasudevan
Waqis Latif :bwl:
Svenke Ulberg :bwl:
Alexander Mckenzie :bwl:
Rick Adams :bwl:
Ern Shylock :bwl:

Admittedly we are limited for the slipperpool first class game because we can't play any star players; so we literally only have 11 players to pick. I'm thinking this?

Blitzberg Steel
Nick Agger
Aditya Jha :bwl:
Abhishek Vasudevan :bwl:
Waqas Latif :bwl:
Varun Rustagi :wk:
Svenke Ulberg :bwl:
Ern Shylock :bwl:
Kai Winch :bwl:
Rick Adams :bwl:
Alexander McKenzie :bwl: :c:

There's lots of bowling so at least everyone will get a go: the thing might have a bit of a club game atmosphere to it with almost everyone getting a chance to bowl. We'll at least know who should get to bowl in the actual games!

Actually I may as well post this: its not like we can do anything but move players around and I wouldn't be able to exactly say how to do that until we get a game

BAT DNB B* Misabh Ul Haq
BAT DNB A. BlitzBerg Steel
BAT DNB BG Nick Agger
WKB DNB A. Varun Rustagi
BAR SLA B* Khurram Khan
BAR RAF B+ Aditya Jha
BAR RFM BG Waqis Latif
BAR OfS BG Abhishek Vasudevan
BOR OfS BG Svenke Ulberg
BWL SLC B* Brad Hogg
BWL SLC BG Alexander Mckenzie
BWL LAF BG Rick Adams
BWL RFM A+ Ern Shylock
BWL RAF A. Kai Winch

B* - Star, Pool B
A. - Player, Pool A
A+ - Player, Pool A with basic training.
B+ - Player, Pool B with basic training.
BG - Player, Pool B-G

Given our team, our best bet would be to go with either a bouncy or a green pitch. Personally I feel a bouncy track favours us more. Comments?

Well, as we're at Kowloon Cricket Club, we don't really have an option but to go for flat pitches.

This can also play to our advanage - while we have an excellent bowling attack, our opposition probably won't. This means that they'll be cannon fodder while we sweep to glorious victory in all three formats.

Yes I agree with the pitch choices.

Meh impression from the games so far, we could do so much better. I'm not to blame though. :D

Let's challenge the Monkeys?

Yes I agree with the pitch choices.

Meh impression from the games so far, we could do so much better. I'm not to blame though. :D

Let's challenge the Monkeys?

Definitely!

I want us to be the team with most pre-season matches in PCPL history

i hope you realise that thanks to you saying that; i'm struggling to resist putting in first class challenges against every team in the thing at the moment ;)

e: slightly more seriously, expect some wacky team selections in the practice first class games; I want to see exactly what we have and that means not picking perfect XIs all the time. I'm probably going to end up dropping myself for Hogg at some point just because I want to see how good he is and going in with one dedicated quick seems silly. Also if anyone has a pressing urge to open the batting in First Class games let me know: I've gone with Blitzberg and Agger in the first two because they were the only two eligible dedicated batsmen in the side, and currently I'm thinking one of them + Misbah is a good idea but I'm willing to change that around a bit.

Last edited:
For fc matches, you could have Aditya and Nick opening. This leaves us with a stronger middle order with Misbah, me and Varun.

i think we need to post lineups in the match thread as well guys :p

My pre season stats thus far:

Format | Matches | Bat Innings | Runs | Balls | NOs | Average | HS | Strike Rate | 50s | 100s | Bowl Innings | Balls | Runs | Wickets | Average | Strike Rate | Economy | BBI | BBM | 5wi | 10wm | Catches
FC | 3 | 4 | 54 | 117 | 0 | 13.50 | 44 | 46.15 | 0 | 0 | 5 | 456 | 298 | 8 | 37.25 | 57.00 | 3.92 | 2/51 | 4/110 | 0 | 0 | 1
OD | 2 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | - | - | -| 0 | 0 | 2 | 120 | 99 | 1 | 99.00 | 120.00 | 4.95 | 1/51 | 1/51 | 0 | 0 | 0
T20 | 1 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | - | - | - | 0 | 0 | 1 | 18 | 38 | 1 | 38.00 | 18.00 | 12.67 | 1/38 | 1/38 | 0 | 0 | 0
I'm content with those first class stats, but limited overs is a concern. I'm sure I will improve as I play more games.

@BlitzBerg, @The Author, @IceAgeComing would you like stats done up for other players?

I was thinking of going and compiling stats to help with selection but its long and labourous so maybe we could split the load :)

If I were greedy I'd ask you for first class stats for everyone (;)) but since that would be selfish I'd settle for my own because I'm vain and anyone else who you can be bothered doing - having some of the batting all-rounders stats would be good since they are the guys who are battling the hardest for selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread