1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No edges at all. Batting to easy.

Discussion in 'Ashes Cricket' started by DarrenJ1982, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DarrenJ1982 School Cricketer

Hi guys I picked this game up last week as I love sports games in general. I don't know lots about cricket but I know the basics and rules.

I started The Ashes and after few days my first innings total I declared on 700 for 9. I found it really easy to hit fours and entire game not a single edge batting or bowling. I put it on veteran difficulty. Is this common In this game or do I have so e sort of wrong settings on. Thanks

2. falehan072 School Cricketer

Tweak the Sliders and adjust the difficulty! on what difficulty are you playing ? Medium , Hard or Hardest??

3. Avenger5 School Cricketer

National Team:
    india
    Domestic Team:
    mumbai indians maharashtra
    And in new patch we have lots of edges

4. Rhone County Cricketer

Rhone
    Veteran Difficulty only effects the quality of the AI. It doesn't change the difficulty of Batting.

Try changing batting and bowling difficulties to 'Hardest' and see how you get on.

DarrenJ1982 said thanks for this.
  5. DarrenJ1982 School Cricketer

Oh ok bud thanks a bunch I wondered why I felt like the best player in the world. I shall try that right now. ✌️

6. Cricket Lover 1943 Club Cricketer

Cricket Lover 1943
    Actually you have not yet faced a quality bowler yet

Prequel said thanks for this.
  7. PjPage59 Club Cricketer

PjPage59
    You are an absolute moron.

8. Flat_Track_Bully School Cricketer

Close your eyes and change the button mapping. This should help.

9. Cricket Lover 1943 Club Cricketer

Cricket Lover 1943
    Moron why

sashu_91 said thanks for this.
  10. Believe Club Captain

Believe
    National Team:
    Black Caps
    Domestic Team:
    Northern Districts
    I understand what he means. The actual players ratings are far lower than random guys you come across in career mode.

In saying that though, the Ashes Mode does seem harder than facing the same bowlers in career.

Example:
    Mitchell Starc plays for Notts in my career, and I annihilate him. Every time. With a batting rating of 51. (He's also only their third best bowler, going by ratings... Wtf..)

However, in Ashes Mode, Mitchell Starc annihilates me. No matter which batsman I am. In the last test I played he took 7/13 in the second innings. (Mostly from me edging bouncers, playing hooks or even defending.)

PjPage59 said thanks for this.
  11. PjPage59 Club Cricketer

PjPage59
    I wonder how they’ve done that then. I’ve only played tour mode so I don’t know anything about the ratings in other game modes. I wonder if that was done on purpose or not?

12. Believe Club Captain

Believe
    National Team:
    Black Caps
    Domestic Team:
    Northern Districts
    Nah I think that when the actual licensed players were created, they were just a little bit under-skilled. Probably didn't want them all to be supermen I guess. It's not really a massive issue, just really strange seeing team listings in career mode, where the actual international players are like the 5th best batsmen behind some random County batsmen and the odd regen.