No Hot Spot for World Cup

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Easy for India to now start ranting about how inefficient the UDRS is.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ICC is just too unprofessional nowadays. They must finalize this earlier. Hot Spot is really a great technology and without it there is always a chance of error even with other technologies like Hawkeye etc in-place.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
What Aus is the only place where you could find them?

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People should really read the article on cricinfo first than ranting about ICC. The hotspot camera's are developed by an australian company. This is a very costly equipment which is designed for military usage. Aussie govt require the equipment to be returned within the 7 days of finishing of a overseas tournament. So the handling cost,transportation cost and security etc was too much. Thus it is the company which has declined to provide it. It has nothing to do with the ICC

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The UDRS won't work here. In such a scenario, it would be better if the ICC scraps the UDRS altogether. The only place it may work,would be in case of disputed catches which could have been grounded by the fielders.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
People should really read the article on cricinfo first than ranting about ICC. The hotspot camera's are developed by an australian company. This is a very costly equipment which is designed for military usage. Aussie govt require the equipment to be returned within the 7 days of finishing of a overseas tournament. So the handling cost,transportation cost and security etc was too much. Thus it is the company which has declined to provide it. It has nothing to do with the ICC

CWC is the biggest tournament in Cricket World. ICC must ask this Australian company way before, now when there is less the 15 days to go they are saying that Company refused to give Hotspots to us.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Its just that it's a multi-nation tournament which scares the the company. The hotspot cameras can be damaged due to mishandling at airports around the countries. I think in this case they should allow the snicko to be used officially when needed and if its feasible.

stefan

International Coach
The UDRS won't work here. In such a scenario, it would be better if the ICC scraps the UDRS altogether. The only place it may work,would be in case of disputed catches which could have been grounded by the fielders.

The UDRS will still work very well with lbw. Without hotspot is won't work as well with inside edges and nicks...

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Its just that it's a multi-nation tournament which scares the the company. The hotspot cameras can be damaged due to mishandling at airports around the countries. I think in this case they should allow the snicko to be used officially when needed and if its feasible.

It was going to be used only for 3 matches and more over those were brought to India before too for Champions League, so that might not be the concern i think.

--

Also now i think ICC should either use DRS in all the matches or just scrap it. Before they restricted it only to Semi's and Final due to shortage of Hot spot camera.

Last edited:

sifter132

Panel of Selectors

Snicko takes a few minutes to synchronise unfortunately. That's why it wasn't included in UDRS.

I don't think Hot Spot's loss is a big blow. It has been shown to be the weakest part of the UDRS to me as it's hard to spot faint nicks so you can never be 100% sure of a nick/miss, sometimes the bat doesn't face the camera quick enough and Tony Greig was talking the other night about players potentially using Vasoline on the edge of the bat to try and stop the edges showing on Hot Spot.

Hawkeye does the job for me, and a super slo mo replay should be enough to see if there's been an inside edge or not.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
With the pathetic standard of umpiring these days, ICC should look to implement more technology rather than retracting the use of what we already have :facepalm.

Users who are viewing this thread