No Hot Spot for World Cup

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Tony Greig was talking the other night about players potentially using Vasoline on the edge of the bat to try and stop the edges showing on Hot Spot.

that was mark richardson not tony greig :p

and i know snicko takes time but i think we can wait if its a world cup game and its still pretty accurate combined with the slo-mo replays.

All-Rounder

School Cricketer
First The Umpires Are Not Well Experience They Are Experience But There Work is Not Good Like This Is The Video...and second there should be Hot Spot It Will Gonna Be Crucial For Bowlers And Batsmen For The Result From Umpires.And I Think There Won't be Any Review Choice In CWC.

Last edited by a moderator:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Hot Spot was there in all NZ vs PAK matches aswell.
I mean is that the only place where they make em? If Aus can give it out, why not get it from some place else? What the hell is Pepsi doing. They should be paying for this ████, and have Pepsi stickers all over it.

Figure ████ out ICC. Don't just sit there! Jackasses

nelson111

School Cricketer
Essential

In my view the DRS, hot spot and snicko should all be used in every form of the game. It's incredibly frustrating when your team loses because of a poor decision or two. It's also unsatisfying when your team wins because of poor decisions. The technology is available and should be used all the time. There are huge amounts of money in cricket these days, so the cost of equipment should not be a consideration.
Also, having just 2 reviews in the DRS is not enough. EVERY decision MUST be correct. I know there is the time wasting issue but teams could be punished in other ways - fines for slow over rates etc. Also, umpires who regularly have their decisions overturned should be sent back to school.
I'm not having a go at the umpires, they have an INCREDIBLY difficult job, but even more reason to use the available technology!

darthlewis1

Club Captain
With the pathetic standard of umpiring these days, ICC should look to implement more technology rather than retracting the use of what we already have :facepalm.

I know this is a late reply but how is there a pathetic standard of Umpiring at the moment? Umpires atm may seem like poor umpires because the TV cameras everywhere may expose some mistakes made by the umpires, but you're never going to get a perfect human umpire, they're going to make the odd mistake. Umpires from about 15-20 years ago may seem like better umpires, but their mistakes weren't exposed as much as modern umpires.

Users who are viewing this thread