MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
The on disc players are pre-skilled, but I think someone from Big Ant mentioned that those stats aren't intended to be reflective of the real world skills of the players that they link to. They might provide a guide on how full you should make each bar though.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The on disc players are pre-skilled, but I think someone from Big Ant mentioned that those stats aren't intended to be reflective of the real world skills of the players that they link to. They might provide a guide on how full you should make each bar though.

Matt, are there any plans to have an official PC endorsed/approved teams or squads?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The team download thread is pretty much that.

It is but the teams have been created by different creators. I was thinking more on the lines of a core group of PC folks verifying the teams to ensure the skills & attributes are in the same ballpark. This exercise has to be done by the same set of people else you will still run into same issues as we are running into now, ie. folks will interpret the skills/attributes differently.

I was thinking maybe PC can leverage the work done for AC 2013 and use the stats, skills & attributes info collected to be reflected in PC approved/endorsed teams. Maybe it can be done for the 10 test playing nations initially.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
It is but the teams have been created by different creators. I was thinking more on the lines of a core group of PC folks verifying the teams to ensure the skills & attributes are in the same ballpark. This exercise has to be done by the same set of people else you will still run into same issues as we are running into now, ie. folks will interpret the skills/attributes differently.

I was thinking maybe PC can leverage the work done for AC 2013 and use the stats, skills & attributes info collected to be reflected in PC approved/endorsed teams. Maybe it can be done for the 10 test playing nations initially.

Download from only 1 creator?

arjwiz

Associate Captain
Download from only 1 creator?

Issues with that suggestion:
- You'd be hard pressed to find a full range of players created by one creator
- Creators often skill incorrectly (perhaps because they aren't aware of the player's competencies, or they don't care about skills and just care about visuals, or they aren't aware how best to skill)

Haynes123

Club Captain
I think it is going to be tough to normalise the skills, as you would struggle to get one person that knows the skills or attributes of the older players for example guys like aubry Faulkner, Fred Trueman etc and one creator might rate another player much higher as myself will rate Sylvester Clarke as one of the best fast bowlers I ever saw, but not a lot of people will know or do that etc

Frostyvegi

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was intending of starting a spreadsheet and looking first at the on disk players skills and attributes as a starting benchmark. I think I will do this on google docs and get multiple people to help add/comment on certain stats.

I think the issue is, is that skills are often set on what the person setting the skill 'thinks' that player is good at. Thing about Cricket, as with alot of sports, you may have the perfect skill set to do well, but something, somewhere (usually mental) brings through an inherent issue that causes you to perform below what others expect (for example, look at Shane Watson). As such, and agreed method of using stats and only stats over a broad time span (using diminishing returns on the more dated stats) to set players applicable skills.

Of course, when we're talking about the skills within the game, the question is can you get defined stats as particular as number of runs scored on the on side with a front foot type shot compared to runs scored on the on side with a back foot type shot.. probably not, and this is where personal 'opinion' comes in to play.

It's not easy.. but maybe we can work together to get something out there that is realistic to a degree, and even across the board.

angad

Chairman of Consent
The on disc players are pre-skilled, but I think someone from Big Ant mentioned that those stats aren't intended to be reflective of the real world skills of the players that they link to.

Thats one area where I think BigAnt were a little lazy :p! The skill levels should have been maintained correctly by the BigAnt team (dont think it would have caused an licensing issues) as they are the only ones who know exactly how those skills are reflected in the gameplay. If they had done that, then the people who wanted a realistic experience could have downloaded the created players without the skills set by the creator of the content.

SalmanWahidi

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Thats one area where I think BigAnt were a little lazy :p! The skill levels should have been maintained correctly by the BigAnt team (dont think it would have caused an licensing issues) as they are the only ones who know exactly how those skills are reflected in the gameplay. If they had done that, then the people who wanted a realistic experience could have downloaded the created players without the skills set by the creator of the content.

Completely agreed!

Users who are viewing this thread