Oct 7- Sri Lanka vs West Indies (The Final)

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What a team effort. Not just Gayle, there first major trophy since 1979

Epic

Panel of Selectors
That just goes to show how meaningless that tournament is, but the ICC doesn't care, Champions Trophy > Test Championship. :facepalm

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Why does everyone forget the Champions Trophy 2004? It was an epic match as well, I remember Baugh and Bradshaw took them over the line.

It was 2006 Champions Trophy I think but they got this WC after 33 years which makes it very special for them.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Why does everyone forget the Champions Trophy 2004? It was an epic match as well, I remember Baugh and Bradshaw took them over the line.

Yeah but that wasn't as major as 1979 one IMO. And I don't really respect the Champions Trophy

Epic

Panel of Selectors
It was 2006 Champions Trophy I think but they got this WC after 33 years which makes it very special for them.

No, user's right, they won the Champions Trophy in England against England.

Epic

Panel of Selectors
News has just come out that Mahela has stepped down as T20 captain, tbf, I saw this coming.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
The thing about the World Cup that stands out is that teams don't progress by sneaking past their bogeys: however tedious it gets, they do have to demonstrate themselves.

That's obviously a foible of shorter tournaments like the Champions Trophy or even these World Twenty20s, but the same can be said of the early World Cups. Once you start getting picky, it's hard to leave a clear pattern.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
News has just come out that Mahela has stepped down as T20 captain, tbf, I saw this coming.

He was only a captain for a short amount of time because Dilshan steped down and someone needed to fill his space for the World Cup, now he has stepped down so someone else( most likely Matthews) can mature as a captain for the next major world championship.

spooony

Club Captain
The thing about the World Cup that stands out is that teams don't progress by sneaking past their bogeys: however tedious it gets, they do have to demonstrate themselves.

That's obviously a foible of shorter tournaments like the Champions Trophy or even these World Twenty20s, but the same can be said of the early World Cups. Once you start getting picky, it's hard to leave a clear pattern.

Champions trophy is basically world cup without the minnows. No 2nd chances

cricketaddict

Club Captain
To be honest I feel Champions Trophy was a waste of a tournament. Instead just have Knockout cup as before.

cricketaddict

Club Captain

For all the West Indian fans :D Great win man! Celebrations on, booze flowing, girls getting into hotel rooms :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Even NZ has won the Champions trophy so it lost its value

They were so good back then, with the likes of Chris Cairns, Chris Harris, Stephen Fleming, etc. I still remember that final between NZ and India where Cairns led them to victory. Pretty good game by NZ!

Users who are viewing this thread