October: PlanetCricket FM Monthly Challenge

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I was thinking something like take over Man City and try to better Man United. In other words, knock them off there tweaking porch ;) haha. But that will be way to much for a month unless you play a lot. So maybe try Better Man Uniteds record in the last 2 or 3 seasons as City?

The idea could use a lot of tweaking, but I'm sure you get the idea. Make City > United (at least in current history, not all time)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
That would be too impossible matt. :D

I would be interested in it. We could try Polish or Danish leagues or something. I don't feel that English challenges will be too interesting. To me, it's just the same unless you start in a lower division.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Not enough time in a month to do much with lower divisions tbh. I have an urge to win titles and trophys, all I've been doing lately is lower leagues really. But obviously its not up to just me.

Edit: Wow, what a quick reply. Only a minute after you posted ;D haha

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
I don't really mean too much over time. Maybe just manage a Championship side (Crystal Palace is fine by me) and try and promote them in a season. Something like that.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, that sounds good. You could get extra points for the stages you make in FA Cup and League Cup (Eg. 50 for 4th round, 75 for Quarters, 100 for Semis etc etc)

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Yeah. That would be good. Only question is what team. I don't think you should make it, "Choose whatever team you like". We need to decide on a team. I would like to manage Crystal Palace. Make it maybe a team that would become between 3rd and 8th maybe. If it's the CC Championship, maybe one of the following teams:

Notts Forest
Cardiff
Swansea
Sheffield
QPR
Watford
Crystal Palace
Preston

blake

School Cricketer
Here was the entire challenge list that I have dug out from my earlier conversations in September with Trev. ;)

South America

'Argentinian Domination' - Play as Boca Juniors as you try to continue their domination of Argentina. Gain points for winning the Primera Division as well as performance in Cup competitions.

East Europe

'The Battle of Moscow' - Take control of CSKA Moscow or Spartak Moscow and finish ahead of your rivals. Points awarded for amount of points you finish ahead of your rivals as well as points rewarded for beating your rivals.

West Europe

'Sven, The Great One' - Take Sven's Notts County from poor League Two side to promotion in a single season. Gain points depending on finish position, games won and goal difference.

Central Europe

'The French Revolution' - The French played superbly in the 2006 World Cup, reaching the final before bowing out to Italy. However, they have slipped to 11th in the World Rankings and it is your job as their international managers to take them back up to the top. Points awarded on final position in the 2010 World Cup.

Africa

'Yoof Innit' - Build a team without any players by only signing players under the age of 21. Points gained for league position and league player awards won.

Asia

'Masterminds of Asia' - Take over a struggling HongChun in the Korean National League and lead them to Asian Champions League glory. You have as many years as you want to complete this challenge. HongChun do not have a transfer budget and have already passed their wage budget - and, they are looking at a bottom finish according to the media. Can you take HongChun to the top?

North America

'MLS - Major league S***e' - Take control of USA's worst team, LA Galaxy and lead them to the play-offs. Points awarded for final league position as well bonus points for who can sell Beckham for the most money.

Australiasia

'Glory, Glory Adelaide United' - Adelaide United have been given a shock move to the English Premier League, replacing cellar dwellars Stoke. They have been taken over by a rich sugardaddy and have plenty of money to spend - however, their chances of surviving in the Premier League will be very slim if they don't find some new players. Points awarded for Premier League final position within 3 years.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Ima start a Liverpool save, my aim is to win more of each trophy then Bill Shankly did for the club as manager. Unless we decide on a gun challenge here of course.

Users who are viewing this thread