Online Noob Question

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys,

I have never played online cricket having preferred to face the AI.
But now out of necessity, i'm having to suddenly get on the online bandwagon!

My friend has a PS3 and is getting the game next week.
I have the game on Steam
My other friend has the game on Steam.

I have referred the guides, we will abstain from using Wifi or wireless and used a LAN cable for stable packet transmission.
All of us live in the same city and we will avoid playing in the peak times!

So we are all set!

The questions are - Can the 3 of us play a 3 team league online?
Can we create a custom league of 3 teams and all of us play home and away and view the points table?
Can we save and resume the league after playing few games?
Can we save and resume individual games?

Thanks in advance!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Unfortunately you need to all be on the same platform for online play - so your PS3 owning friend will miss out.

There minimum for tournaments is 4 players and they are just knockout ones. So if you want to play a league you'd need to keep track manually after playing casual games.

You can save and resume games at any time.

kamyFC

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Unfortunately you need to all be on the same platform for online play - so your PS3 owning friend will miss out.

There minimum for tournaments is 4 players and they are just knockout ones. So if you want to play a league you'd need to keep track manually after playing casual games.

You can save and resume games at any time.

ah! That is a bummer!
So we cant even play a casual game against an opponent on a different platform.
And there are no leagues that are maintained online!

I understand that its peer to peer and you guys dont have a server so with the peer to peer architecture, is it impossible to track league tournaments?

Also, we cannot play against a person on a different platform, is because the the versions of the build would be different? Is that the issue?

The reason am asking is, are these features impossible to fix or could we expect a patch sometime down the line or even implemented in the next version of the game.

Thanks for the reply and congratulations on your job at Big Ant!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Also, we cannot play against a person on a different platform, is because the the versions of the build would be different? Is that the issue?
I can only comment here based on what I've read in the past - this isn't my "Big Ant" answer...

I'd expect there to be difficulties based on the differences between the versions, but I think that the problem is one of the console makers not allowing it, or even if it was allowed, not facilitating it in a way that would make it something viable to implement.

I've not heard of many other games that do so - the ones that do seem to be the occasional MMORPG game, however those have you talking to a common server, rather than the peer to peer of the gameplay in DBC.

I understand that its peer to peer and you guys dont have a server so with the peer to peer architecture, is it impossible to track league tournaments?
Peer to peer is just the match itself, there is a server there that tracks things like your stats in the gameplay online, and for the existing knockout style tournaments.

It's likely not something that can be patched in to DBC14, but I wouldn't think it is a 'never' kind of thing.

Dhiman Ghosh

School Cricketer
I am level 0 steam user. How can I add friends unless others add me? Please suggest.

Users who are viewing this thread