Discussion Online Play General Discussion

To be fair, all online gaming should be done with a wired connection.

But it shouldn't be a pre-requisite and you shouldn't get the kind of bugs online we are getting with a wifi connection.

Can you confirm if the auto-forfeit (happened after roughly 3 forfeit offers) is a feature or a bug, and if this will be fixed? We have halted our Online Ranji League until we get clarification on this point.

If it's a bug, then hopefully it can be avoided or it won't recurr. If it's a feature, then we have to wait until the feature is removed/corrected in the next patch before the tournament can commence.
There is no auto forfeit feature. We are attempting to reproduce this issue in our offices but are as of yet unable to.

There should be no such point at which the game automatically accepts a forfeit. You should be able to continue as normal.

@HBK619

Can you confirm if my "fix" for the problem playing with a friend online is indeed a fix , or did the easter bunny just drop me something ?

As a side note . The Forfeit rules need to be eased up a fair bit imo , as it takes me ages each time to set my field correctly for EACH Bowler , and then when they run a single AGAIN for the other batsmen . Change of bowler , it all needs to happen again and again. I would so love a preset field of my own design , or a few basics , to just select and everyone moves around instantly into correct positions. And why can the Fielding positions not be fixed irrespective of the bowler or batsmen , until YOU decide otherwise . This will instantly cut out most of the tinkering going on .

Last side note. Please get a 1-2 second pause into the setup after the bowler pressed his button to be ready for bowling , so that the Batsmen gets a fair chance to glance around to see the fielding changes made. It seems a rather nefarious online tactic going around of making these fielding changes , and then not allowing the batsmen any opportunity to look around by pressing your bowling selection buttons , resulting in the Batsmen playing blind , only to repeat itself , until you eventually get the button press in before Mr. Cheater , usually 3 -5 balls down the line if your lucky.

^^ Agreed 100%

----------

There is no auto forfeit feature. We are attempting to reproduce this issue in our offices but are as of yet unable to.

There should be no such point at which the game automatically accepts a forfeit. You should be able to continue as normal.

Wonderful, you guys are really very quick to support your product.

@kushari is there anything you can add regarding what you saw at your end during the auto-forfeit?

From my end (I was the guilty party who bowled extras by the 3rd over, due to which kushari was offered about two or three forfeit opportunities), the game just stopped during the bowler's run up. A scorecard popped up and a message that said something along the lines of me having lost due to poor bowling (I don't remember the exact message at all).

^^ Agreed 100%

----------

Wonderful, you guys are really very quick to support your product.

@kushari is there anything you can add regarding what you saw at your end during the auto-forfeit?

From my end (I was the guilty party who bowled extras by the 3rd over, due to which kushari was offered about two or three forfeit opportunities), the game just stopped during the bowler's run up. A scorecard popped up and a message that said something along the lines of me having lost due to poor bowling (I don't remember the exact message at all).

I think you have covered it well. The game offered me the usual massage for forfeit thrice, and on 3rd massage my screen got freeze for 03/04 second, then I got the massage like the opposition has forfeited the match/you won by forfeit (or something like that) and it cut to score card....(My 1st reaction was @arjwiz has forfeited it or he may got disconnected or something like that). It never happened before, and I have not played online after this, in case I get the same experience again I will let it know in this board..

Bowling Assistance should be disabled online. It makes perfect sense. Also how come I never see someone in Custom games. Maybe 1 Person but that's about it.

First Online impression

Played my first online T10 game yesterday. It was a mixed bag
Scored 85 in 10 over's and bowled the other guy (martyn) out for 47. Guy quits when I take the last wicket and game doesn't offer's a win to me. Instead prompts to save the game. Like hell the other guy going to join the game saved again just to finish it off

Pro's:
1. Did not get the black screen that other people have been getting
2. Bowling without assistance was a challenge and felt realistic (But it should be optional)
3. Batting was not as hard as I thought it would be (I mostly play pro on Career mode)
4. Quick down D-pad button to go to field setting

Con's:
1. Game feels very jiggering. Not so much laggy but not smooth enough (Ashes 2009 had nailed the online part atleast)
2. Considering how good the game is offline, online mode seems over looked
3. Ground shot all the way given out caught in deep
4. Not enough time for batsman to look at the field before bowler starts runup
5. Game should give a loss to the person who disconnects or quits. If the other person joins back then they can earn their win back. Right now it doesn't takes the logic or match situation into account. I am a competitive person and I felt cheated

Perhaps people should save the games and then bombard quitters with continue requests.

Perhaps people should save the games and then bombard quitters with continue requests.

Thats exactly what I did :D

@HBK619

Can you confirm if my "fix" for the problem playing with a friend online is indeed a fix , or did the easter bunny just drop me something ?

As a side note . The Forfeit rules need to be eased up a fair bit imo , as it takes me ages each time to set my field correctly for EACH Bowler , and then when they run a single AGAIN for the other batsmen . Change of bowler , it all needs to happen again and again. I would so love a preset field of my own design , or a few basics , to just select and everyone moves around instantly into correct positions. And why can the Fielding positions not be fixed irrespective of the bowler or batsmen , until YOU decide otherwise . This will instantly cut out most of the tinkering going on .

Last side note. Please get a 1-2 second pause into the setup after the bowler pressed his button to be ready for bowling , so that the Batsmen gets a fair chance to glance around to see the fielding changes made. It seems a rather nefarious online tactic going around of making these fielding changes , and then not allowing the batsmen any opportunity to look around by pressing your bowling selection buttons , resulting in the Batsmen playing blind , only to repeat itself , until you eventually get the button press in before Mr. Cheater , usually 3 -5 balls down the line if your lucky.
We are unable to run Media Centre with our debug PS3's, but it is a possibility that helped to fix your situation. Anything that could've been messing with the connection is always likely to be a hindrance rather than a help.

As for your other two issues, they will be fixed in patch 2. We'll likely add in a 'Apply to All' field option for field changes and we'll be allowing a slight bit more time to be able to activate the check the field option before a bowler runs in.

Bowling Assistance should be disabled online. It makes perfect sense. Also how come I never see someone in Custom games. Maybe 1 Person but that's about it.

If bowling assistance is turned off then the forfeit parameters need to be eased up...

I had been planning on staying away from online after seeing the issues on here but finally decided to dip my toes in last night...

played a t10, bowling the 6th over of the first innings and I bowl 3 no balls (cos I'm crap). I then bowl 2 deliveries which hit the bastman's pads but are called wide anyway(!); next thing I know I've forfeited the game!

Annoying as apart form that the match had been 100% issue free from my end and it was well balanced (I thought) with my opponent on about 4 or 5 for 50odd in the 6th over on a belter of a pitch...

Had the potential to be a cracking game (although I am a rubbish batsman)

Don't think I'll be dabbling again in online anytime soon

Last edited:
however the other side accepted the offer of a forfeit, unless there's a bug it is not automatic.

Users who are viewing this thread