Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Just played someone who used a complete dream team yet put on Gilchrist and Dhoni to bowl and did those short slow deliveries then flawlessly slogged almost everything when he batted.

I think I will just mostly stick to offline casual/career matches and make sure I back out before the match if someone chooses an all-star team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just played someone who used a complete dream team yet put on Gilchrist and Dhoni to bowl and did those short slow deliveries then flawlessly slogged almost everything when he batted.

I think I will just mostly stick to offline casual/career matches and make sure I back out before the match if someone chooses an all-star team.

@MattW beat me earlier with all Tindoolkars, the cheat.

I can't really complain I suppose when someone else ended up being a victim of me using those cheesy tactics on them, and with the majority of sports games in online multiplayer it ends up that using really goofy tactics is the most effective way to win so I suppose I should have expected it.

I can't really complain I suppose when someone else ended up being a victim of me using those cheesy tactics on them, and with the majority of sports games in online multiplayer it ends up that using really goofy tactics is the most effective way to win so I suppose I should have expected it.

But it takes away from realism when likes of Gilchrist (Adam, not Roy) or Boycott are more likely to succeed online than McGrath or Marshall.

Last edited:

I played someone Today who was using this ridiculous Tactic. Probably a member of this forum too, not entirely sure. Basically, he chose to play with Bangladesh and brought in pure Batsmen to bowl slow medium pace to me in a Five5 Game. Difficult to even connect those balls, Couldn't make much runs at the end (37/8) but I surprised him when the chase started, by using his own tactics against him. Won it by just 1 run, never a victory felt more sweeter.

But it takes away from realism when likes of Gilchrist (Adman, not Roy) or Boycott are more likely to succeed online than McGrath or Marshall.
Yeah, I would like it to feel more realistic in online games too.

While bowling I feel like I'm restricted to a very select few deliveries - inswinging bouncers or yorker length balls that are on the very limits of being called a wide, the occasional minimum pace slower ball (down on LS, hold LB) as well as the odd bouncer trying to hit the batsman. Anything even close to the stumps and it seems like it can be cleanly hit anywhere.

With this dodgy style of medium/slow bowling, you cause far more trouble and slow the scoring down significantly compared to actual cricket tactics with genuine bowlers which is quite frustrating.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought the game from steam you guys can add me if you fancy a game my steam ID is rnsmusic11

Exactly, in one of my games where the total of all innings just exceeded 110 runs, there were hardly a couple of boundaries hit - these were natural strokes timed really well & not shots played anger.

So that was you I was playing last night :p

So that was you I was playing last night :p

I guess it is. Was great fun playing against you man - esp the first game that was pretty funny when I tried to reverse sweep a Shane Warne quicker one & got bowled for a 2 ball duck. Felt closer to playing real cricket than a 5/10 slorgy (slog + orgy) :D

@MattW beat me earlier with all Tindoolkars, the cheat.

I too have fallen foul to this trademark Whitehorn style tactic... Wait for the "I'm getting thrashed, bring on Shane Warne". I'm assuming you've played his magic Unicorn team of brilliance?

Played with India against team named batman ...was probably all stars...got hammered for 80 runs in 5 overs...dropped many sitters...any one please help me how to catch those...last over needed 30 and he bought spinner....lost 2 wickets without a run...whoever it was the first ball he balled with michelle johnson at 158 took my middle stump

Any today played with team named Nissan..got smacked for 100 runs and could only manage 59 in 5 overs :(.....I am able to play spin in carrer mode at ameture and nets but not online..please help!!!....Also on ps3..i normally hit quick match or costume match...is there any way like we have PC players (fb group or something ) so that I can find opponent eaisly..btw loving the game

Last edited:
uHtqb0N.png

Best way to play online. Big Ant should make it a default. Indeed mandatory.

Tried this online and its the best mode to play proper cricket match , I am tried of all the wild swinging sixes and 4s online.

Thank you for sharing

It's seriously the best mode for online... Can't wait to get stuck back into it, he says staring into @MattW's fear-filled cold dead eyes.

Best way to play online. Big Ant should make it a default. Indeed mandatory.

So I take it you just pack your side with bowlers seeing as you only get the one wicket.

Users who are viewing this thread