PS4 Online quitters

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@gunit123
Don't you think the issue is with you when people quit against you for using rank long hops with spin bowlers
playing like a douche

Just saying but I can understand why people would rather quit than to play against you

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
@gunit123
Don't you think the issue is with you when people quit against you for using rank long hops with spin bowlers
playing like a douche

Just saying but I can understand why people would rather quit than to play against you

Most DBC 14 online games feature the following three tactics...

1. Spinners with slower spin deliveries
2. Medium and Fast medium with slow short bouncers which somehow are not treated as bouncers in the game
3. Fast bowlers targeting yorkers and fuller deliveries outside off with a 7-2 offside field mixed with slowish short deliveries

None of these tactics would work in real cricket but that's how online games work for any sport. You are not going to get very many opponents bowling good length deliveries outside off as they will be smashed out of the park so calling out the above-mentioned tactics serves no purpose. At the end of the day, it's a game and you would expect everyone to use whatever tactics the users are most comfortable with.

However, rage quitting when you can't counter your opponents' tactics is akin to taking your bat and going home. It shows you aren't good enough to beat your opponent and quit rather than finish the match and lose. Nobody will play to your strengths in an online match and expecting folks to play in a manner which gives you a better chance to win is naive in the extreme. This mindset is similar to Lehmann's who whined about "slow English pitches" after being beaten and claiming these wkts are not "proper cricket pitches".

IMO if you can't take a loss or expect online opponents to play in a way you deem to be "proper cricket", online gaming is not for you and you would be better off playing offline rather than rage quitting coz you can't counter your opponent's tactics.

gunit123

County Cricketer
@gunit123
playing like a douche

I'm sorry but who the hell are you? I think you've got the wrong person as I don't even know how to bowl such deliveries with spin.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
I don't play online at all for various reasons
mostly idiots playing setting out fields of 5 outfielders half the time in the first over
twats bowling slow ball bouncers with medium pace bowlers

most of the online gamers I played use this tactics, and honestly most of them don't have integrity
haven't played a game online in 6 months

a loss is a loss, seems you fall into that category as well
but be it all good, have fun
win any way you can

gunit123

County Cricketer
I don't play online at all for various reasons
mostly idiots playing setting out fields of 5 outfielders half the time in the first over
twats bowling slow ball bouncers with medium pace bowlers

most of the online gamers I played use this tactics, and honestly most of them don't have integrity
haven't played a game online in 6 months

a loss is a loss, seems you fall into that category as well
but be it all good, have fun
win any way you can

That's a shame because most of the fun you get from this game is playing vs another human being who can actually think about various legitimate tactics to out-think and out-smart you. I recommend just playing people from your friends list or people you personally know as I do, otherwise you are missing out on a key part of this game.

NursingHomeFire

School Cricketer
That's a shame because most of the fun you get from this game is playing vs another human being who can actually think about various legitimate tactics to out-think and out-smart you. I recommend just playing people from your friends list or people you personally know as I do, otherwise you are missing out on a key part of this game.

all of them soccer gents

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yeah , or play in an online league with guys you know , according to rules that makes sense . That the only way to play online.

grkrama

National Board President
The thing is actual bowling of good length deliveries mixing it up with seam swing pace and all the real world cricket tactics also work in DBC and are as effective if not more than the above mentioned methods. I can guarantee you that cause i have even had some amazing test matches online were i have been able to out fox or my opponent has been able to outfox me very effectively without resorting to any of the cheap rock paper scissor above.

But makes it 100 x more engaging to play than Rock paper scissor tactics mentioned above, often even though i can play these deliveries even win against some of these jokers without even using their techniques back at them[often they are that bad they just think preparing for these tactics will make them good and plain old cricket of left armer outswing followed by a full inswinger traps them or a couple short pitch followed by a sudden yorker ], The RPS methods just causes more boredom than leaving a 100 balls in a stretch 'yawn yawn Yawn boredom' and the people using that are tossers who dont love cricket a bit, if you just want to win online go play some nonsense FPS or WOW, in such a small pool of the supposed sport we love its a pity to see so many tossers.

I mean im some one who moaned about warne opening in second innings by AI how the hell would i like it for the so called superior Human when he opens with warne on a green pitch and goes to bowl half tracker after half tracker, even when i can play it by playing late its just plain dourness to spend my time.

Hence the only way to have cricketing enjoyment online is just stick to playing friends and people you know have a good pool of them, if not just join some league with good rules.

Also if at all you are looking for randoms, go for people looking to play longer formats anything over t20, custom test formats like 3-5 wkts matches etc are mostly good and with save match will be a better bet than playing 4-5 fifers.

At the same time i would say rage quitting is as bad as the RPS tactics, at worst atleast forfeiting is a better thing if you cant see it though. If you take a match its your part to see it though, if you don't like the bowling use forfeit. Most quitters would be batting first and quitting bowling or when the opponent is close to victory though.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The thing is actual bowling of good length deliveries mixing it up with seam swing pace and all the real world cricket tactics also work in DBC and are as effective if not more than the above mentioned methods. I can guarantee you that cause i have even had some amazing test matches online were i have been able to out fox or my opponent has been able to outfox me very effectively without resorting to any of the cheap rock paper scissor above.

But makes it 100 x more engaging to play than Rock paper scissor tactics mentioned above, often even though i can play these deliveries even win against some of these jokers without even using their techniques back at them[often they are that bad they just think preparing for these tactics will make them good and plain old cricket of left armer outswing followed by a full inswinger traps them or a couple short pitch followed by a sudden yorker ], The RPS methods just causes more boredom than leaving a 100 balls in a stretch 'yawn yawn Yawn boredom' and the people using that are tossers who dont love cricket a bit, if you just want to win online go play some nonsense FPS or WOW, in such a small pool of the supposed sport we love its a pity to see so many tossers.

I mean im some one who moaned about warne opening in second innings by AI how the hell would i like it for the so called superior Human when he opens with warne on a green pitch and goes to bowl half tracker after half tracker, even when i can play it by playing late its just plain dourness to spend my time.

Hence the only way to have cricketing enjoyment online is just stick to playing friends and people you know have a good pool of them, if not just join some league with good rules.

Also if at all you are looking for randoms, go for people looking to play longer formats anything over t20, custom test formats like 3-5 wkts matches etc are mostly good and with save match will be a better bet than playing 4-5 fifers.

At the same time i would say rage quitting is as bad as the RPS tactics, at worst atleast forfeiting is a better thing if you cant see it though. If you take a match its your part to see it though, if you don't like the bowling use forfeit. Most quitters would be batting first and quitting bowling or when the opponent is close to victory though.
Yeah the biggest issue is the obsession on winning than the essence of the game...

gunit123

County Cricketer
I second @grkrama's advice on playing longer formats if you currently if you have no one on your friends list/trustworthy people. There aren't many things in this game that are more fulfilling and satisfying than competing in a test match against another human player, whether you win or you lose. BTW, the number of edges you'll see whilst playing such a format will increase ten-fold from my own experience :)

AL_Amin

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Pak_playpoint

Akhilsaj

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
4ZAFF4 On steam pc quits the game when he knows he 'll lose the match. Even though he had played 4.6k hours of dbc 14 , he still quits the game without any shame.[DOUBLEPOST=1517421555][/DOUBLEPOST]Another one is P E P P I

Users who are viewing this thread