Online Streaming Subscriptions

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am in Canada and want to catch most of the games. What online subscription packs are avaliable? I know about willow.tv and it is a killer deal but only for the US.

I am thinking of cancelling my cable tv subscription, buying a Google TV or Boxee and totally shift to on demand viewing. Online cricket streaming will be ideal.

I have used *link removed* and though decent there are issues.

Any really good alternatives, HD will be a definite plus.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I am in Canada and want to catch most of the games. What online subscription packs are avaliable? I know about willow.tv and it is a killer deal but only for the US.

I am thinking of cancelling my cable tv subscription, buying a Google TV or Boxee and totally shift to on demand viewing. Online cricket streaming will be ideal.

I have used and though decent there are issues.

Any really good alternatives, HD will be a definite plus.

thanks

No, Willow TV works in Canada as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Just a fair warning, try not to post the URLs of streaming sites that aren't official. Just one of the rules here at PC. :cheers

P

pcfan123

No, Willow TV works in Canada as well.

yea it works in all of N America. Have a few friends in Toronto using it

----------

they get the channel though, which is the same cost 14.99

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Btw guys Comcast is launching Neo Cricket. Tons and tons of Indian domestic stuff for $15/month. Not getting it myself, but I would if I didn't have Willow.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not bad at all. Neo Cricket in America would be awesome. Now cricket is slowly becoming cheap enough to get for the average cricket fan in the United States. Willow has done a great job by making it cheap enough to have a monthly subscription. If only they acquire every other series that happens around the world (and also make sure they have the channels on Dish/DirecTV that telecasts all acquired series), they would be perfect. For $15/mo, they are a steal and a dream to have. I have been loving their streams during the Ind vs SA test series. The World Cup is said to be in HD. Waiting for it.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Would be nice if a cricket channel came to U-Verse. :)

Is the World Cup covered under the $15/month subscription? If so I may need to renew my Willow subscription.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Would be nice if a cricket channel came to U-Verse. :)

Is the World Cup covered under the $15/month subscription? If so I may need to renew my Willow subscription.

Good time to ask! NOPE! Willow is offering the World Cup as a PPV (Pay Per View) for $129. But the good thing is that, they are offering 6 months of free access (July-December 2011) as part of this package. So if you plan to have Willow subscription for these 6 months (which includes India-England, India-Australia, etc), then signing up for this package will be a great deal. And yes, they are having the World Cup in HD (in their 1mbps HQ streaming with HD resolutions)

I am going to buy it from Willow (because of their 6 month free access thing). Also sicne they offer access to their streaming on various devices, they have a huge advantage over Dish Network who dont offer such goodies to their customers. I am not sure if Dish will carry the World Cup in HD (even if they do, these perks of going with Willow will surely outweigh that).

P

pcfan123

no way, I cancelled my willow online to get it on Dish. It's way better because it's only a matter of time before it's in HD and I can DVR the matches.

Way better than loggin onto willows crap website and trying to forward/rewind using those crap plug ins they have.

Also not to mention it's on my 52 inch TV and not a monitor.

harrisb

International Coach
I know you guys are talking about streaming subscriptions in the USA, but does anybody know if there is an alternative to paying Sky for cricket. Ideally i'd still like to get all the domestic stuff, but if it's not possible then i don't mind.

ksduded

Club Cricketer
Good time to ask! NOPE! Willow is offering the World Cup as a PPV (Pay Per View) for $129. But the good thing is that, they are offering 6 months of free access (July-December 2011) as part of this package.

so basically the people with willow monthly subscription won't have anything playing during the world cup?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
so basically the people with willow monthly subscription won't have anything playing during the world cup?

No. If you buy the World Cup package, you get to keep an existing subscription active on Willow.tv (which means your card wont be charged the regular $15 till June 30, and then after June 30th, you get 6 free months till December). Here is the mail I got from Willow.tv today

Greetings Willow TV User,

Willow TV, the Official Broadcast partner of the ICC, is proud to announce our live coverage of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.

Willow will be exclusively carrying the World Cup in High Definition on Pay Per View on Welcome to Willow TV, DISH Network and DIRECTV

As a valued customer, you are being offered cricket in 2011 at an unbeatable value:

-- Purchase the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 event on Welcome to Willow TV at its early bird price of $129.
-- Keep your existing subscription to the Willow TV monthly subscription package active until June 30th 2011, on Welcome to Willow TV
-- Willow will give you free access to the monthly subscription package from July-December 2011. Your credit card will not be charged for those 6 months, which includes some of the biggest events of the year like The India tour of England, The Champions League, The India tour of Australia, Sri Lanka tour of England, Australia tour of South Africa, Sri Lanka tour of South Africa and much more.
-- Your subscription will be upgraded to Premium Status, benefits of which will be announced in February 2011. This includes a complimentary official ICC World Cup T-Shirt, ability to purchase match tickets worldwide, early access to limited edition memorabilia and many more benefits.

The ICC Cricket World Cup is the biggest and the most prestigious tournament in the game. To be held across India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh, the ICC CWC 2011 will witness 14 nations battle for cricket's most coveted prize.

Enjoy the World Cup in high quality 1 Mbps live video streaming, on all web browsers, Smart Phones, iPad and other tablet devices, along with Replays, Highlights and Video Scorecards. Watch legends like Tendulkar, Kallis and Ponting battle out for the biggest cricketing prize.

We thank you for being a loyal customer, and hope that you will enjoy the upcoming cricket season on Willow TV.

cric4life

School Cricketer
No. If you buy the World Cup package, you get to keep an existing subscription active on Willow.tv (which means your card wont be charged the regular $15 till June 30, and then after June 30th, you get 6 free months till December). Here is the mail I got from Willow.tv today

I think you need to still py 15$/month + World Cup PPV till june 30 2011,and for that they will give next 6 month free.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
By what I'm reading on their website, they guarantee me all events shown on Willow.tv for $15 USD.

So why would anyone in their right mind pay an extra $139 - either they're lying, or I'm missing something.

And is this truly in HD? I'll fork over $15 USD to watch it in HD.

Params7

International Cricketer
**** Willow's stupid world cup deal. What's wrong with offering 15$ a month. Its with deals like this they kill the curiosity of people wanting to get into the sport.

Users who are viewing this thread