Online Streaming Subscriptions

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why are you guys buying Willow? Pay $20 more and get Direct TV!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Bought the Willow package. I'm set.

I am waiting for Dish to offer the HD version of the World Cup package that they have right now, and I am signing up for that. Right now, they are offering SD but it seems they have the HD version and have not yet added it to their system.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I can't get it on TV anyways. I don't have a TV in my room and I don't have the money or even the authority to get a satellite connections. I'm a university student so willow's online package is good enough for me. Sure it's expensive but they give 6 months free after that so it's really only a few more dollars per month. It was just to get new customers, but I was already a Willow customer.

P

pcfan123

I've got it on Dish and I'm using illegal streams for when I'm at school.

I'm done with willow online, I got into a verbal with the guy when I tried to cancel my contract last time. It was the most unprofessional service I ever received. He could barely speak English and was very rude. I'll be damned if I ever give them a dime again, there are plenty of options now, most in HD.

I also found some illegal streams that show the willow channels anyways :p

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I've got it on Dish and I'm using illegal streams for when I'm at school.

I'm done with willow online, I got into a verbal with the guy when I tried to cancel my contract last time. It was the most unprofessional service I ever received. He could barely speak English and was very rude. I'll be damned if I ever give them a dime again, there are plenty of options now, most in HD.

I also found some illegal streams that show the willow channels anyways :p

Did you get World Cup on HD in Dish? I just got off the phone with them. They said its not on HD, and its only in Standard Definition. That closed the deal out for me with them. I HAVE SIGNED UP WITH WILLOW for $129. The value that I get with Willow ($129 for HD World Cup streaming, plus 6 months of free subscription with them from July to December clinches it). Yes, cancelling your account is a pain in the ass, but their stream quality has been very good and reliable whenever I have used it.

Like shravi, I am also now set for the World Cup. If I miss a game, I can always get the replays/highlights from Willow. For all under one roof, their prices are pretty good.

----------

Why are you guys buying Willow? Pay $20 more and get Direct TV!

For those having Dish, getting DirecTV is a lot of money that you have to spend per month. Plus you have to sign up specially for the World Cup package. Are DirecTV offering the WC in HD? If so, I guess thats where Willow will get the HD streams from. Anyways Willow's current HQ 1mbps streams look really good on a HDTV (and they werent HD unlike the WC which is officially HD). With HDMI cables and a laptop that supports HDMI output, it should be atleast 10x better than the usual quality streams that we have been put up with for the past 3-4 years.

Params7

International Cricketer
Canceling with Willow. Found a reliable but illegal provider with some Indian torrents site (its a popular one :D ).

That + there'll be plenty of free illegal streams. Set for the WC.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Willow gives you highlights/replays, etc. I am not sure if the illegal providers offer that. If I miss a game, I know I have the replays or the highlights to look for. Not too concerned about quality when it comes to highlights/replays (even then, Willow offers decent quality). Going with the legal guys for not so high a price ($129 spread over 6 months), isnt that better?

Edit: IDIOTS! Dish decide to add the HD version of the World Cup a few days after I call them and they said "NO, the HD version is not on". I have signed up with Willow and I cant retract. Damn! Anyways, the value with Willow ($129+HD stream+6 months free) is far greater than Dish. F*** off DISH!:mad Hope Willow stays good for the whole tournament. I can go on a vacation during spring break and yet not miss the live games.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I'm with Mark. Willow was pretty freaking difficult to cancel. They probably capitalize on a lot of people not being arsed to figure out how to cancel it and make money on that.

As it happened, I gave them a Google Voice number and never picked up. Eventually they got the message and cancelled it. I emailed back and asked them to refund an extra month that they had charged, threatening that I would challenge the charge with my credit card company, and they went ahead and did that.

The $5 cancellation fee is stupid as well. Who the hell charges people to cancel something? Especially when all it takes is a couple of clicks. That's borderline illegal, imo.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I'm with Mark. Willow was pretty freaking difficult to cancel. They probably capitalize on a lot of people not being arsed to figure out how to cancel it and make money on that.

As it happened, I gave them a Google Voice number and never picked up. Eventually they got the message and cancelled it. I emailed back and asked them to refund an extra month that they had charged, threatening that I would challenge the charge with my credit card company, and they went ahead and did that.

The $5 cancellation fee is stupid as well. Who the hell charges people to cancel something? Especially when all it takes is a couple of clicks. That's borderline illegal, imo.

Oh thanks. I guess Willow is good for those who dont mind staying with them. If you want to cancel, they are a pain in the ass. They dont have a cancellation feature on their site and when you send a mail asking to cancel, they ask for your number and try to give you this and that offer. But whenever I have used their monthly subscription, I have found it reliable and good.

I will follow your tips next time when I try to cancel with them, sohum.:D

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I just told them that since I got the channel on TV why should I pay for online too. They didn't hassle me much.

You guys could use that too, irrespective of whether you have the TV channel or not ;).

P

pcfan123

I was a little less tactful.

I said "Please cancel my account"

the guy said "well we have lots of up coming events "

"no just cancel it"

"but we have India SA and the Ashes"

"cancel it dude"

"we also have HD coming soon and you will get access to 24 hour channel"

"cancel my mother cricketing account, are you deaf or just incompetent?"

and then he said "ok" and hung up.

Also his accent was barely understandable and he called me from a local California number, not even an 800 or unlisted company number. It seems like a very mom n pop operation for a company that has such exclusive broadcasting rights.

fearsome tweak them, media is free if you are resourceful enough. I'll never pay for online streaming again, I'll pay for HD on my actual TV though.

Last edited by a moderator:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Haha, nice. I'm sure it's not difficult to get a local Cali number. You can achieve that just with Skype.

I think they're one of those greedy companies that are basically working on margin. They pay a bunch for telecast rights and probably a bunch for server hardware to make sure everything is up, they charge a devil's ransom. To make sure they make money on their margin they probably hire incompetent support staff.

cricfan1

School Cricketer
hey ,please be careful about willow tv, they keep charging your credit card each month

There is no way of canceling it on their website and also no ph # to call

If you write to their support line they do not respond for weeks!!

I will not recommend willow tv to anyone, I just had a very bad experience and heard the same from others as well...

Users who are viewing this thread