Open Beta Testing - [PCCS 0.1.5]

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
just downloaded it, had some problems finding the 'file' button. Eventually i found it, the dark green and black clash quite a lot, why not change the file button to white.
Its supposed to be white. :/

I don't know why this happens... I've noticed it on some of my test machines, too.

sohum added 1 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Sohum, it's a brilliant start, but if I have one complaint it is that the scores are perhaps a little too high. The average score for this seems to be 190-200, and I think in most Twenty20 matches the average should be about 150-170.

Apart from that it is superb. Great effort.
Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Should be a simple adjustment of probabilities, hopefully.

Gary123

School Cricketer
Just tried this.
First-Excellent effort.
But I have a problem,After I clicked 'Save Scorecards' option it does not save the scorecards and the sim crashes.
I am having the required things.
I am using Vista Home Premium.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
But I have a problem,After I clicked 'Save Scorecards' option it does not save the scorecards and the sim crashes.
I am having the required things.
I am using Vista Home Premium.
Does it crash while trying to save? Where do you try saving it? I think this may have to do with permission issues. Try one of the following:

1. Run as administrator--go to the installed directory (usually C:\Program Files\sohummm\PlanetCricket.net Cricket Simulator - Open Beta) and right-click and run as administrator. Tell me if it improves.
2. Copy the entire install directory (PlanetCricket.net Cricket Simulator - Open Beta) into a non-Program Files directory. For example to C:\PCCS or something similar.

I just found out about the Vista/Windows 7 VirtualStore today. Basically, if you open up/try to write something without admin permissions to the Program Files directory, it creates a virtual copy of it in C:\AppData\<username>\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\sohummm\... When you browse to the physical directory from within the program that opened/modified that file, it will show the virtual contents side by side the physical contents. So it may be the case that the scorecards were saved to the virtual directory.

In future versions I will move the installation from outside the Program Files directory since it seems to be causing problems.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 29 Seconds later...

I downloaded it today and the archive seems to be broken
The archive was zipped with WinRAR so there may be incompatibilities with WinZip.

harrisb

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
note, you can create a new ground in this beta.

i've created Lord's and the Oval

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India

LOL yeah, I forgot I had added that. :D I updated the first post. Ground details, like special skills, are not taken into account in this version. That should be coming up in 0.1.2.

sohum added 0 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

Also, if you guys want to create your own environments for testing purposes, just create a copy of the original Clean.pccsdb and rename it to whatever you want (with the pccsdb extension).

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Really like to hear about this stimulation game,I am downloading it.

blake

School Cricketer
Sohum, I can't wait for this to take the next step to 50 over matches and 5 day test matches.. I'm already excited about this. This hopefully should be a great sim, it's looking like one of the best - if not the best, going around already!

As you mentioned with the Twenty20 scores, yes, that would probably be just a slight tweak of probabilities. Just make sure you don't make it like I did, where my formulas got so complicated that the aggression didn't even affect the aggression at all and instead just made the batsman get out more!

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum, I can't wait for this to take the next step to 50 over matches and 5 day test matches.. I'm already excited about this. This hopefully should be a great sim, it's looking like one of the best - if not the best, going around already!
And the first with a GUI. :D Cheers for the compliments!

As you mentioned with the Twenty20 scores, yes, that would probably be just a slight tweak of probabilities. Just make sure you don't make it like I did, where my formulas got so complicated that the aggression didn't even affect the aggression at all and instead just made the batsman get out more!
Yeah, it's tough. Thankfully I had all my mistakes from developing a PHP-based simulation engine to learn from, so I tried to make things a bit more organized this time.

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Sohum... I get it crashed when the match is being simmed.
I use Vista, followed the instructions given in the first post under "Known Issues"

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

Really? When I tried to create a ground it shutdown.

Once this goes 50 overs, the TTPL will be adopting it! :)

I love all the special abilities for players idea and the pitch settings you've introduced.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Sohum... I get it crashed when the match is being simmed.
I use Vista, followed the instructions given in the first post under "Known Issues"
Did the match simulation start? What settings were you using for match simulation? If possible, please post a copy of your pccsdb file.

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Did the match simulation start? What settings were you using for match simulation? If possible, please post a copy of your pccsdb file.

Nau, i face the same problem. It's been a part from and with the closed beta, Installed the latest updated of .NET framework (SP1) that is, but the error's going nowhere. I disabled the anti-virus for few runs but the problem persists, any help?

My computer knowledge is somewhere deep in my brain from the past 2 years. :facepalm

Users who are viewing this thread