Pakistan Premier League

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Pakistan Premier League is a domestic league of the short format of the game, and its going to have 16 teams with each team having one Pakistani player as the captain. It was into the domestic level since 2004, but now it would be going International and teams from neighbors and players from all around the world would be welcomed this year.

The models of Franchise are going to be based on Big Bash League, etc. Sialkot Stallions is the most successful team, winning the league 6 times. GEO Super & TEN Sports are the ones holding the Television rights. Tournament format is the Round-robin and Knockout.

Here are the teams in the Pakistan Premier League:

• Team - (Captain)
  • Abbottabad Falcons - (Younus Khan)
  • Bahawalpur Eagles - (Taufeeq Umar)
  • Beijing Warriors - (Wang Lei)
  • Dubai Rangers - (Arshad Ali)
  • Faisalabad Wolves - (Misbah-Ul-Haq)
  • Hyderabad Hawks - (Azeem Ghumman)
  • Islamabad Leopards - (Rao Iftikhar)
  • Kabul Cheetahs - (Mohammad Nabi)
  • Karachi Dolphins - (Shahid Afridi)
  • Lahore Lions - (Abdul Razzaq)
  • Multan Tigers - (Abdur Rauf)
  • Peshawar Panthers - (Umar Gul)
  • Quetta Bears - (Irfan Ismial)
  • Rawalpindi Rams - (T.B.A.)
  • Sialkot Stallions - (Shoaib Malik)
  • Karachi Zebras - (Danish Kaneria)

Information from CricketReligion.com

Last edited:

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
Hope that they will allow for a Pakistani Champion to play in the CL this time round...

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
For a Pakistan team to play in Champion league relations between India and Pakistan have to be better. A PPL wont help teams to participate directly. I know this is just bullying but yes you bomb blast us and then why should we pay you is our governments motto. The recent president visit should settle some nerve though.

sattar

Club Captain
I know this is just bullying but yes you bomb blast us and then why should we pay you is our governments motto.

But your board and ipl are earning lot of black money from we all know:D

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
If you are running a business black money and corruption is bound to happen at some or other stages. I dont want to get into India v Pakistan I just what the truth is if you have good contribution towards what I have told go on but if you want to have an India v Pakistan war of words then I am sorry I am not part of it :)

sattar

Club Captain
ok bro i dont want to fight but i just want to say its some people idiotness ..but your right relation should have to improve first then a indo pak series,pakistani players in ipl and sialkot in champions league is possible things otherwise it remain same as now:thumbs

edit:but yr pakistan is not that bad or danger place that people are thinking all over the world and all credit to media for that..i know some incidents have happen here but common which place is safe

Last edited:

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Hope that they will allow for a Pakistani Champion to play in the CL this time round...

For a Pakistan team to play in Champion league relations between India and Pakistan have to be better. A PPL wont help teams to participate directly. I know this is just bullying but yes you bomb blast us and then why should we pay you is our governments motto. The recent president visit should settle some nerve though.

But your board and ipl are earning lot of black money from we all know:D

If you are running a business black money and corruption is bound to happen at some or other stages. I dont want to get into India v Pakistan I just what the truth is if you have good contribution towards what I have told go on but if you want to have an India v Pakistan war of words then I am sorry I am not part of it :)

ok bro i dont want to fight but i just want to say its some people idiotness ..but your right relation should have to improve first then a indo pak series,pakistani players in ipl and sialkot in champions league is possible things otherwise it remain same as now:thumbs

edit:but yr pakistan is not that bad or danger place that people are thinking all over the world and all credit to media for that..i know some incidents have happen here but common which place is safe

First let the event finish before you think off Champions League.

What happen addy? you dont like the concept of ppl..atleast it will bring some retired players from all around the world..;)

Everyday is not Sunday and every finger in your arms differ.

Similarly, everyone has their own opinion.

sattar

Club Captain
It will happen or not time will say..but i can say you from my sources that in pakistan first class match salary of a player is 5000rs.but still we are asia champions..money cant buy success you have to be talented for that whether ppl happens or not it will not stop pakistan talent.. only benefit is it will bring SOME foreigners too the country..and last please dont say that our players are not capable to play in any league ipl or whatever..In 3 world cup t20 tournaments u pak win 1 loss one in final and third eleminate in semi final

sattar

Club Captain
KARACHI:
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) received a huge breakthrough in its bid to launch the Pakistan Premier League (PPL) when various national and international cricketers showed interest in featuring in the planned event.
The PCB, desperate to revive international cricket in Pakistan, is making huge efforts and using all its available resources to make the league a reality. The board, under chairman Zaka Ashraf, is confident that holding the tournament featuring renowned international cricketers will help a in reviving international cricket in Pakistan.
Meanwhile, according to an official close to the matter, following lukewarm response from foreign players after efforts from its officials, the PCB is now taking help from the country?s leading cricketers to use their personal relations and convince players to tour Pakistan.
?A senior member of the team is playing a vital role in this regard,? the official told The Express Tribune. ?The cricketer?s representative is also in close touch with the PCB as well as foreign players on the issue. He?s already given a presentation which was impressive and is set to give an important one later this month.?
Jayasuryia, Symonds on board
The official added that the player helped get confirmation from former Sri Lanka captain Sanath Jayasuriya and retired Australian all-rounder Andrew Symonds with both agreeing to be part of the league straight away. The name of West Indian legend Brian Lara has already been linked with PPL.
?These players have promised to feature whenever they are invited. This is just the beginning and we are expecting more confirmations. Although these cricketers have passed their prime, their participation will convince other players to come forward. The PCB will also take help from other players who feature on foreign tournaments regularly.?
Meanwhile, according to reports, four companies have shown interest in being associated with the league, a development that has encouraged the PCB. The idea was first floated by former chairman Nasim Ashraf in 2007 but, under Ijaz Butt, the plan was abandoned. However, the success of similar leagues in Bangladesh, Australia and South Africa, after the success of the IPL in India, prompted the board to re-launch its efforts.
Published in The Express Tribune, April 13th, 2012.

yashwanth kumar

Panel of Selectors
Its good for pak to regain its lost status after the attack on the sl players it will also help to regain their status to hold home series against various international teams, hope aamir is given a chance

Users who are viewing this thread